cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Secured Credit Card Data-points for Graduation Never Seen on My Fico for 2022

tag
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

US Bank Secured Credit Card Data-points for Graduation Never Seen on My Fico for 2022

I called in and asked for graduation Jan 3 , 2022

I currently have 3 secured US Bank credit cards and I thought I was on my way to graduation but alas no.  I have used the cards quite a bit , never carried a large balance - maybe $200 on a $5000 card limit.

This is what happened. I got the 3 secured credit cards about 18 months ago and I read on here you needed US Bank to do a hard pull for graduation. So i was waiting until my scores got better.

I thought I was good to go when I got my exquifax to 752 since that is the file they pulled to open the account. They did 3 hard pulls for 3 credit cards. So I assumed they would pulled the same reports to graduate. 

NO! Not the case at all.

They pulled my absolutely worse report Transunion and of course I was declined for graduation. This is one I am still working on. So the lesson here is make sure all of your credit reports are in good shape before asking for graduation because you never know what report they are going to pull.

I have seen they pull Transunion on here , but they did 3 hard pulls on my Equifax. Also it was a soft pull on my Transunion i was constently checking my Equifax  for the hard pull  ( because I assumed they would pull it from there) and I never saw it and since I have credit montioring I would of be alerted to a hard pull on my Transunion. I think I would of been okay with the low score of 640 but I got a recent medical collection on there. So I know why I was declined.

Once I get those collections off I will try again since I now know it is a soft pull. I absolutley hate waiting but that is what I got to do.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Secured Credit Card Data-points for Graduation Never Seen on My Fico for 2022

Sorry that happened. Little more cleanup and you'll get there. Since your talking about TU & EQ. You looking at CK?

Message 2 of 6
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Secured Credit Card Data-points for Graduation Never Seen on My Fico for 2022

I use MyFico for credit monitforitng and I got the same with Capital One. I was so hoping to graduate I think the collections will be gone this month. I just wanted to share because there are some slim data points on US Bank but for the deal to have really crappy credit and get a relationship going on with a Prime bank and credit card that can graduate and grow with you is an awesome deal. I wish I had know they were going to pull  Transunion.  The more knowledge we have the better. Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 6
40thieves
Valued Member

US Bank is really, really conservative with their credit decisions. I finally closed my secured account with them because I will probably NEVER be up to their standards to graduate.

Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I had Two US Bank secured became unsecured in October 2021. It was a simple phone call. It costed me 2 HP's on my TU. I got my deposit back in the mail approximately 7 days later. My scores were around 640 on TU. 

Message 5 of 6
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I had Two US Bank secured became unsecured in October 2021. It was a simple phone call. It costed me 2 HP's on my TU. I got my deposit back in the mail approximately 7 days later. My scores were around 640 on TU. 

How long did you have those two US Bank secured cards before you called to have them unsecured?

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.