Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Bank GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Bank GW letter

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any success with a GW letter to USAA? I sent a GW via email &was rejected. I really need this baddie off my CR.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA Bank GW letter

What they want to hear is a reason that is to their benefit, and not just for yours, of why they should delete prior, accurate reporting.

Deletion of prior, accurate reporting is something that the entire credit industry frowns upon, so you must give them a "greed motive" that benefits them.

They are not usually purveyors of good will for your benefit, but rather for theirs.

What was the basis for your GW request?

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really have a sob story like some. Truthfully I was young (18 yrs old & 1st CC) and did know how to use credit responsibly. I am 26 know and have really learned a lesion or two about financial responsibility.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any success with a GW letter to USAA? I sent a GW via email &was rejected. I really need this baddie off my CR.

In my experience USAA is a tough nut to crack. 

When will the baddies fall off your credit report?

Message 4 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

sxh, tht is the VERY thing that could help your GW letter, and not hurt it.

They dont want to hear the old "my wife just left me, my dawg just died, I lost my job, the roof is a'leaking" stuff.  That just paints you as a worse, and not better, credit risk.

What they want to hear is your years of future profit potential from you by sticking with them.  Sure, you have to do some minimal "mea culpa," but being now paid, and recognizing your youthful credit indiscretions, having a solid job with growth, years of potential credit with them, loving their prior service, BS about wanting to keep them as your primary source of future credit, etc., are what I would emphasizxe.

Their internal GW to their potential profit margin is a real GW letter, not humanitarian GW to you. 

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mentioned most of what you suggested and still got shot down. Should I continue to send them a GW letter? If I do continue to send GWs should I send the same letter everytime or write a new letter?

Message 6 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take. It only costs a few stamps and a little time.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I PIF back in 2005 (didn't know about PIDs) so I guess sometime in 2012. I sent an email GW and a snail mail GW on 05/05/10. Got a response the next day from my email GW. Do you think they will respond the same way to my snail mail GW?

Message 8 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME, snail mail always worked better than e-mail (FTR, I've never dealt with USAA).

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I PIF back in 2005 (didn't know about PIDs) so I guess sometime in 2012. I sent an email GW and a snail mail GW on 05/05/10. Got a response the next day from my email GW. Do you think they will respond the same way to my snail mail GW?

Are you on active duty?

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.