Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Bank GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Bank GW letter

No, I became a member through my dad when I was 17 and have been ever since. In my letter I even touched on that fact and still nothing.

Message 11 of 24
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Maybe you should post your letter and let us critique it!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - so here is my letter I sent. Please let me know what you guys and gals think. I sure it could be alot better.

Dear Sir/Ma’am:

I have been a USAA customer since the 1999 when I was added as minor driver under my father’s auto policy. I was so pleased with the service I received that when I became eligible for my own policy at the age of 18 in 2001 I choose USAA and have remained a loyal customer to date. Additionally, around that time, I was also offered an opportunity to obtain a college student MasterCard. I was however not the ideal customer and made mistakes with my handling of the account.

Currently, I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I am asking whether USAA Bank would remove the adverse late payment from the account in reporting to all three credit bureaus. I understand this is a rather unusual request--particularly as my account fell behind upwards of 120 days. The late payments were due to my lack of understanding the importance of proper financial management and my immaturity. I don’t say this to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that this is not a good indicator of my credit worthiness.  It is my sincere hope that USAA is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

Thankfully, responsible credit management has became an extremely role in my life. I wish to thank you for the opportunity you gave me to be a customer of your company and I would love to establish a strong new relationship with USAA Bank in the future.

In closing, I thank you in advance for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Very Sincerely,

Edited to remove name

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I became a member through my dad when I was 17 and have been ever since. In my letter I even touched on that fact and still nothing.

Can your dad give you a hand?

The reason I ask is that I have had some success with getting USAA to "go soft" on a few members of my command over the years.  USAA likes me and I used that to get them to help me help a couple of others.  Perhaps your dad is in a position such as that.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad hasn't been a USAA member in years so I don't know if he would have any pull. I guess we could always try. What would be the best approach for him? Phone call or letter?

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My dad hasn't been a USAA member in years so I don't know if he would have any pull. I guess we could always try. What would be the best approach for him? Phone call or letter?

Difficult to say.  I've always done it by phone dealing with their "executive relations" team.  And I am partial to phone anyhow as I usually prefer instant gratification if at all possible.

YMMV

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe we'll try a phone call - it can't hurt. Is there another phone number to get to the "executive relations" team or do I use the general customer service number? If you have a number can you pm it to me. Thanks soo much for all your help and advise.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe we'll try a phone call - it can't hurt. Is there another phone number to get to the "executive relations" team or do I use the general customer service number? If you have a number can you pm it to me. Thanks soo much for all your help and advise.

No special number.  I've always gone through the normal customer service representatives and they've passed me through.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok going to try calling. I'll let you know what happens :smileyindifferent Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok going to try calling. I'll let you know what happens :smileyindifferent Smiley Indifferent

Good luck!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.