Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Card Info

tag
BrownBee
New Contributor

USAA Credit Card Info

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations regarding a CC from USAA, in terms of rebulding credit? I have my car insurance through them, and hope that maybe I can get at least a secured CC as well. Thanks, guys! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 02/2013 606(TU-myFICO); 647(EQ-CreditExpert); 578(EX-CreditExpert)
Current Score: 02/2013 606(TU-myFICO); 647(EQ-CreditExpert); 578(EX-CreditExpert)
Goal Score: 650 TU, EX, EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA Credit Card Info

I got the USAA Secured AMEX. I've only had it for a few weeks now but it seems like its pretty easy to get. I was denied for the Capital 1 secured

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 2 of 7
BrownBee
New Contributor

I've been denied a CapitalOne Secured too. I have a new revolving account that hasn't reported yet, so I think I'll wait till it does before applying for the USAA secured card. I just negotiated a PFD today too. I know that probably won't come off for a good while, so I'm unsure the effect it will have on my chances of getting the card.

Starting Score: 02/2013 606(TU-myFICO); 647(EQ-CreditExpert); 578(EX-CreditExpert)
Current Score: 02/2013 606(TU-myFICO); 647(EQ-CreditExpert); 578(EX-CreditExpert)
Goal Score: 650 TU, EX, EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

My husband has the secured card through USAA. So far very happy with it. He has had it about 3-4 months now. His scores are slowly climbing. Their site is very user friendly.

Message 4 of 7
mariemeow77
Established Member

I have had my USAA secured VISA since Oct 2012 and have been really happy with it. When you get approved, they also send you an email with a discount on their Credit Monitoring service, which I also use to get my FAKO scores and credit report alerts. I really love the fact that I can transfer as little as $50 whenever I want to increase my credit limit and it automatically takes effect! Plus, you can do it all online!

Message 5 of 7
TrishN
Established Contributor

You have to pull your fico score from here. Usaa used same fico score. How your credit look like? Any CA? Paid or unpaid?. My are 2 CO with 0 balance and 1 unpaid medical CA under 1 k. They approved me 1 regular CC . Today 2 months later they approved second CC cash reward with 4k limit . First card is 2 k limit.  Iam a full member. Sorry using iPad if typo .Hope this help

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 6 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I was at about 640 when I got USAA I have 3 cards with them....They are good to work with. 

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.