Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh! Drivetime

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh! Drivetime

I am about done with this company. So I explained previously that i fell behind on my car note for a month due to car repairs for the car ( almost $3,000). I enrolled into their payment assistance program where they stated if i made my payments on time from then on that they would report my loan as current. FALSE! Called and was told that they don't change accurate info even after I still have copies of the agreement I signed.

Here is the kicker: So I  just  received a call drom Drivetime at my place of employment. I asked him how did he get this number. He said I called them from it before ( which I have). Then he proceeds on to tell me that I missed a payment due 2 days ago. I said I had no idea a payment was due.

I asked for the fifth time about the change in reporting. He said yes they will report it as current. I asked "well it is still reporting as late".. He then stated "they do not have the right to remove accurate info ..that it is illegal to do so. I asked why state that you do if you will not. He cut me off and asked when i would make the payment.

He then explained that they have the right to pull my enrollment in the payment assistance program...I stated okay. He then started saying " I need you to understand what is at stake" "You could lose your transportation..ect. I once again explained to him about the car repairs . He asked me to fax them over to receipts of the repairs.  I explained I would.

He then states that he "sincerely hopes that I have the receipts with the correct dates of the car repairs.. since before they modified my loan I was 4 times 30 days late and 1 time 61 days late. I advised him that was untrue and asked how could i be late 4 times 30 days past due and then one time 61 days past due. That would mean I defaulted in August and i told him that is not what was on my credit (only showed 1 thirty days past due)

I then asked "have they tried reaching me on my home or cell number " as i explained this was my place of employment. He stated "no..nor am I have any obligation to". I advised that I have provided him with my correct number and not to call here again.

After getting so frustrated I hung up..He emailed me the info to send my receipts and i emailed him back ..asking again not to contact my place of employment.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ugh! Drivetime

@Anonymous wrote:

I am about done with this company. So I explained previously that i fell behind on my car note for a month due to car repairs for the car ( almost $3,000). I enrolled into their payment assistance program where they stated if i made my payments on time from then on that they would report my loan as current.  This isnt any deal to remove the lates that have reported, what this is saying is once you bring the account current they will report it as such. You will have to GW this account once you are caught up and have made on time payments for awhile. FALSE! Called and was told that they don't change accurate info even after I still have copies of the agreement I signed.

Here is the kicker: So I  just  received a call drom Drivetime at my place of employment. I asked him how did he get this number. He said I called them from it before ( which I have). Then he proceeds on to tell me that I missed a payment due 2 days ago. I said I had no idea a payment was due.

I asked for the fifth time about the change in reporting. He said yes they will report it as current. I asked "well it is still reporting as late".. He then stated "they do not have the right to remove accurate info ..that it is illegal to do so. I asked why state that you do if you will not. He cut me off and asked when i would make the payment.

He then explained that they have the right to pull my enrollment in the payment assistance program...I stated okay. He then started saying " I need you to understand what is at stake" "You could lose your transportation..ect. I once again explained to him about the car repairs . He asked me to fax them over to receipts of the repairs.  I explained I would.

He then states that he "sincerely hopes that I have the receipts with the correct dates of the car repairs.. since before they modified my loan I was 4 times 30 days late and 1 time 61 days late. I advised him that was untrue and asked how could i be late 4 times 30 days past due and then one time 61 days past due. That would mean I defaulted in August and i told him that is not what was on my credit (only showed 1 thirty days past due)

I then asked "have they tried reaching me on my home or cell number " as i explained this was my place of employment. He stated "no..nor am I have any obligation to". I advised that I have provided him with my correct number and not to call here again.

After getting so frustrated I hung up..He emailed me the info to send my receipts and i emailed him back ..asking again not to contact my place of employment.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ugh! Drivetime

You have issues of breach of contract.

You should consult an attorney regarding civil action.

However, if they only said the account would be reported as current or pays as agreed, I agree that is not the same as agreement to delete any monthly derogs.

That refers to its current status only, not to prior history.

I would be clear as to specifically what was agreed to before initiating legal acion.

As for calling you at work, you need to check out your state consumer laws and regs regarding restrictions on such calls.

Federal law (FDCPA) regulates calls to your place of employment by a debt collector, not an OC.  They are not prohibiited unless you advise them that your employer does not permist such calls at work.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.