Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uh Oh...Should I Not Have Done This?

tag
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Uh Oh...Should I Not Have Done This?

So in my excitement of finding this forum, I may have gotten a little ahead of myself.  On my larger debts, I was careful not to DV or offer PFD on any accounts that were within SOL, but I had a couple smaller ones from when I moved to another state that were well within SOL.  Thought I took care of the electric and cable bills but lo and behold, apparently not.  I DV'd them, one came off and the other validated.  Well, they sent me something saying I owed them on their letterhead, anyway, and from what I've read here while I may not think that's validation, I guess it'll fly with them.  Guess I figured that since the amounts were so small (the one that validated is $114.00) they'd accept a PFD.  But after learning more on the boards, I searched the CA...Asset Acceptance...and saw that they aren't big on accepting PFD's, even for a small amount.  Did I reset the SOL by contacting them with the DV even though I said in the letter I wasn't accepting responsibility for the debt?  I guess it's not the end of the world and I'm bound to make a couple mistakes while trying to fix this, just wondering.

2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uh Oh...Should I Not Have Done This?

You can NOT reset CRTP  but a payment may   if your state goes by DOLA  reset SOL....a phone call or DV  will not reset SOL.

What is the debt for and from what state.......they can go by where you received the credit or where you live now.

If they send you a bill as proof of debt....the bill must be on letterhead from the OC!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-16-2008 03:03 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forget what I had with them. I'll try to find my old report later but I'm almost sure I had something with them and they removed after I paid. Maybe they remove anyway? I'm pretty sure it didn't just come off cause it was 7 years after paid, it was paid in the last few years. Good luck!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The DOFD is set by the OC......it drops from your CT in approx  7 years from DOFD!  The CA should also
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.