Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Estimated Removal Dates and EE

tag
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Understanding Estimated Removal Dates and EE

There's two questions here- one mortgage, the other student loans.

First question is in reading my EX and TU reports I see some minor variance on falloff dates for my two mortgages going DQ in 4/14.

TU has an estimated falloff of 2/21 and 3/21 while EX has 1/21. I'm assuming that the  TU dates do NOT have the TU 6-month EE baked into  it, and that's my first question: Is my reading of those dates accurate based on general experience? Can I attempt the TU EE in October 2020?

Second question is a little more complicated...

During that time period I know I wasn't paying mortgage or student loans. However, SLFC shows me at 90D 8/14 (which I believe accurate), no data until 3/15-4/15 where it states OK, and then immediately 60D 5/15 until I brought the loan current 2/16 (from which time I have never sinned again as far as FICO is concerned).

That SLFC loan does NOT show an estimated falloff date on any report and I'm trying to determine if I should dispute their assertion that I paid so I have a contiguous DQ block that sets my DoFD 6/14 rather than those two bogus OK notes that (as I understand things) causes the DoFD for the most recent period to be 5/15. I'm just really trying to get that cleared as early as possible since it's worth 12 derogs and will be the last thing I can get off the report (or it could be the second).

I know that disputing that I paid something is strange, but given my reasoning for joining the two DQ blocks together for an earlier DoFD seems to make sense. Also, at this point, 2 more derogs isn't going to make my score any worse. 39 vs 37 major derogs isn't going to send me to the mythical 5th dirty scorcard.

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Understanding Estimated Removal Dates and EE

I literally posted about the exact same thing recently. I am not understanding how these SLs are throwing in a couple OKs, then ND/NR, when there was absolutely no payments/deferments/forbearances (since at least 2012 and 2013 at the *latest*) and then randomly picking back up with 90day lates....my SLs should all be off my CRs at this point in time (still going to deal with rehab because they can always come back). It would be nice to have only fresh TLs with positive payment history and none of the old TLs reporting these bogus dates. I got mixed feedback saying it could make it worse or not work at all, it may work, but no one that has responded has actually done this. I don't have any other proof I did not pay other than, I simply did not pay. I know most people strive to get lates off their CRs, but I desperately *want* these correct lates on there so they can just disappear while I do the rehab programs.

Message 2 of 11
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Glad to see I'm not the only person that has this problem! 

Adding insult to injury, when I brought the student loans current, the rehab guy said that if I stayed current for 6 months they would move all late payments to current. I paid, they transferred the loans back to Great Lakes, and no lates were reversed.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked out my SLs on the NSLD where all activity is tracked and even there it did not show that I was in deferment or forbearance (at least for the dates I am referencing to and not times where I actually was, as those were shown accurately). Just dates of in repayment and the finally in default.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, apparently that is not for the old TLs (unless you have it in writing from them). Usually they are explicit that it is only to remove the CAs and thw "default" mark from the original TLs.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do feel like to seal the deal they try to sell it like it will clean up your credit reports, but you have to carefully review the paperwork. I shouldn't say they they dont do it, because I haven't actually worked with that particular servicer. Has it been at least 60 days? Sometimes it takes a while for them to update the CRAs.

Message 6 of 11
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

I brought them current back in January 2016. I've had 4 years to calm down about getting screwed on that deal because I didn't get it writing. That was on me.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they pick up right where they left on the same TL or open a new one?

If they opened new TLs, currently as it reports, it will fall off 7 years after the 2015 date unless you can somehow reinsert those negatives from 2014.

If it is the same TL, they will drop off piecemeal. First the 2014 and then (hopefully) the whole 2015 chain of them.

I personally just don't see how they can go from "OK" to 60 or 90 days late immediately. It makes zero sense and quite frankly I feel like it is illegal reporting, but how could I personally take on SL companies. Clearly this is happening more than I thought. I couldn't find anyone else with these issues, but I think others are starting to notice.

I feel like I got notifications at some point from maybe CK that said the dates had been updated, so I feel like they are doing this retroactively, possibly. Changing it when it gets close to drop off time.

Message 8 of 11
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

They were on the old TL for about 6-7 months after I went current and then became a new TL under Great Lakes. I figured that they would fall off in discrete chunks as well because of the questionable reporting of current status.

I agree that randomly inserting current status flags and then jumping back to 60D or 90D is sketchy at best. I was behind on my SLs before back in 2007-2009 and had the same reporting irregularities on them as well. Based on my experience, Great Lakes has been the only good servicer. ACS was a little shady. Nelnet committed two outright frauds on me, so I paid the balance in full to make them go away. If they'll defraud a customer who was never late on their TL, I can only imagine what they do to people who are behind.

Message 9 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MasonK wrote:

There's two questions here- one mortgage, the other student loans.

First question is in reading my EX and TU reports I see some minor variance on falloff dates for my two mortgages going DQ in 4/14.

TU has an estimated falloff of 2/21 and 3/21 while EX has 1/21. I'm assuming that the  TU dates do NOT have the TU 6-month EE baked into  it, and that's my first question: Is my reading of those dates accurate based on general experience? Can I attempt the TU EE in October 2020?

Second question is a little more complicated...

During that time period I know I wasn't paying mortgage or student loans. However, SLFC shows me at 90D 8/14 (which I believe accurate), no data until 3/15-4/15 where it states OK, and then immediately 60D 5/15 until I brought the loan current 2/16 (from which time I have never sinned again as far as FICO is concerned).

That SLFC loan does NOT show an estimated falloff date on any report and I'm trying to determine if I should dispute their assertion that I paid so I have a contiguous DQ block that sets my DoFD 6/14 rather than those two bogus OK notes that (as I understand things) causes the DoFD for the most recent period to be 5/15. I'm just really trying to get that cleared as early as possible since it's worth 12 derogs and will be the last thing I can get off the report (or it could be the second).

I know that disputing that I paid something is strange, but given my reasoning for joining the two DQ blocks together for an earlier DoFD seems to make sense. Also, at this point, 2 more derogs isn't going to make my score any worse. 39 vs 37 major derogs isn't going to send me to the mythical 5th dirty scorcard.

Look at the DoFD. Go 7rs from there with EE's.

TU - 6 months early
EX - 3 months early
EQ - 30 days early, but don’t do it. They'll screw it up more. Good luck!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.