cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding how First Premier works...

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Understanding how First Premier works...

Yea... they should be able to easily provide that info. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'll try that tomorrow, give them a call, see if I can snatch the closing date. Not sure if they'll give it to me. Might be a sign of me trying to win the game, lol

Message 12 of 41
thornback
Senior Contributor

haha.... good luck!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 41
thornback
Senior Contributor

Anytime Smiley Wink

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmr,

Hi. So I called FP again this morning and the rep said I dont think anything about a closing date she just said March 14th 2014 is the charge off date, and Jan, 6th 2019 is the date they reported it as paid off. Then she said it’ll take up to 90 days for the bureau(s) to have it updated. Now the issue is whether or not the account is going to be updated as paid with the dispute on FP with Experian and most likely with the other two bureaus. I’m tired of putting up with FP. It’s hard to find a reasonable company out there who cares about consumers. All companies care about it their profit and how their policy affects others in bad way, to where people don’t succeed. 👎
Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmr,
HiSmiley Wink I have updated news for you. Paying off the FP balance paid off for me, it increased Fico 8 on Experian 26 points. Now, all three bureaus for Fico 8 are pretty close to each other. I see you have a USAA card. Are they good? I received an email with a card from USAA, don’t think it was an offer, just an advertisement stating a benefit on the cc
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The usaa cc email says congradulations in the title and has an expiration date at the bottom of the email.
Message 18 of 41
thornback
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your score increase!!  

I love my USAA card.   I have the amex Cash Rewards plus  -- I'm also an AU on the Preferred Cash Rewards Signature visa (1.5% cash back on everything)  but I only use that when I'm purchasing stuff on behalf of my parents (they are the primary holders and constantly asking me to buy stuff online for them... because idk, Amazon is too hard... ?).   

But I love the amex - I've only had it for a few months but use it a lot - mostly for gas as you get 5% cash back for gas up to $3K per year.  The rewards structure is unlimited 1% on everything  + 4% on gas, 2% on supermarkets so you end up with 5% on gas and 3% supermarkets.    They also have a fantastic member mall which yields really good savings (on top of your cashback) at various stores --- and not stores that no one shops at -- good stores like Best Buy, Nike, Dicks, Macys etc.   A lot of options to choose from in the member mall - I saved almost $300 on xmas shopping because of the member deals and extra cash back bonuses.  Cashback is also easy to redeem.   They seem to be pretty generous with starting credit card limits from what I've seen; eligible for limit increases every 6 months --  CLIs are, apparently, generous too. And, they have great customer service (in my experience).   They are very lenient with the use of cash advances and convenience checks -- unlike some other creditors, they don't mind at all and actually encourage you to use them.  I received 15 convenience checks with my card... So that's really good to have available just in case of an emergency. 

Their banking (checking / savings) is also really good -- no fees, no minimums, easy transfers to external banks, direct deposit received 1 day early, etc.  Their car nsurance rates kinda suck in comparison to others though.  I think their rates win out if you bundle a bunch of insurance policies though..  like home, life, auto.   

I don't know about their pre-qual / pre-approval mailings --  I cold apped and got an instant approval.   They pulled Experian -- I had 3 new accounts opened the month before I apped - so they don't scare easy; score was 771 at the time; 7 inquiries (3 in the last 12 months).      I think, so long as you have no other open balances from negative accounts - you should go ahead and app.  Worse they can do is say no -- and if they do say no, call them and ask for reconsideration; even if they started you with a lowish limit -- it would grow quickly once they see good behavior. 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember how much you got hit for opening the amex cc? And the amex cc is not a secured, correct?
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.