Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsure!

Below is an account from Walmart that I have had on my CR since 2003 so it's helping my credit history. Right? I was just wondering if there was anyway I could send a GW letter to get the late payments taken off? The late payments are only showing on the Worst Delinquency section! Do you think that is possible? Thanks Smiley Happy

I have this account reporting to all three CRA's:

Charge AccountCharge Account Gemb/Wal-Mart
Status as of [?] Nov, 2009 Date opened [?] Sep, 2003 Date of last activity [?] Feb, 2005 Date paid out [?] Feb, 2005 Date closed [?] Nov, 2004 Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXX Loan type [?] Charge Account Credit limit [?] $0 Largest past balance [?] $179 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Revolving Account Account holder [?] Individual Account Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported
Descriptions [?]
  • Canceled by credit grantor
Contact Information [?]
Po Box 981400
El Paso, TX 79998
Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $0 Paid or paying as agreed $0 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Recent payment history [?]OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 2007 2008 2009 Worst Delinquency [?] 90 days past due The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Message Edited by Swtrandi on 12-27-2009 09:28 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsure!

Since this is helping my credit history length I am unsure what to do with this account! Please let me know! Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When was the 90 day?

ETA...you'd have to pull this report directly from the CRA to see the full 7-yr history.

Message Edited by llecs on 12-27-2009 12:38 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I can't get my free CR yet I just went off of the information I have. It looks like the 90 days late was back in 2005! So should it even still be reporting the 90 day late?!? Let me know! Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and the only place it is reporting the 90 day late is under the "Worst Deliquency" section. No where else! If that helps any!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Third-party reports like myFICO, TrueCredit, CCT, and others only report the previous two-years' worth of history. Only the reports directly from the CRAs have the full history. MyFICO reports the "Worst Delinquency" which would be the 90 sometime over two years ago. It can continue to report the 90-day for the full 7 yrs. So, if the 90 day came from 2005, then it would be automatically removed sometime by 2012.

You can always send a GW.

ETA...I asked when because if the late came from 2003, then it may not be worth sending a GW. I'd send it if it was from 2005. I'd first make sure it was reporting on all 3 too. I probably wouldn't send a GW if it was only on one report.

Message Edited by llecs on 12-27-2009 01:04 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.