Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: 18 months of Rebuilding, App spree, DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 18 months of Rebuilding, App spree, DPs

Some HPs aged off the old CR, so time to inflict some credit damage.

Since 8/15:

CLIs : Overstock $1500 to $6000

Approved:

NFCU MORE REWARDS AMEX: $500 HP TU

NFCU CLOC: $500 HP TU and EQ

Appliance connection: SCT $4500 then CLI to $6000 @activation (new washer and dryer!), SP

West Elm: SCT $4000 denied CLI, SP

Williams Sonoma: SCT SP but then HP EQ for regular visa $1000 (yay!) denied CLI at activation

BB&T Bright: HP EQ (!) 2-3 day message, then approved, $4500 @17.24%

PayPal Credit: $2700 hp EQ

Kohl’s: approved but didn’t take offer (I do not shop there)

Denied:

Synchrony care credit: tu hp

Synchrony Amazon: tu hp (this is the 3rd denial since August of 2019. I think there is a synchrony block on BK7 for 24 months?)

Home Depot sp

Cap one CLI sp

Discover CLI and new card sp

BBVA sp

Can’t get JCrew to SCT.

EQ is NOT reporting my BK7. TU has dropped a couple of accounts IIB from CR.

The Bright card I have been wanting for a while to transfer balances that are collecting interest (really on just one card). I was denied at 45 days from Spectrum Cash Rewards approval (in another thread I complained about bait and switch when I was preapproved for all three on 7/31, then got HP, and denied the card. I protested and they are giving me back my HP!!). So now this was literally a 91/3 situation, after 3 statements I apped 9/21 for this Bright card (just a DP for anyone who needs one). Was surprised at the $4500 limit tho; the Spectrum is $3500. ***NOTE! In both 7/31 denial and 9/21 approval, the prequals led to HPs immediately, which is counter to the SPs others have reported.***

18 months out of BK7 DC : $43000+ TCL.

Strategy has been to aim for SPs where possible as I’m increasing CLs to better my utilization and build credit; my goal is to buy property after my 24 mo DC anniv. I’ve been keeping util at 20% (16-22%) and working on paying down debt as much as I can. Also to correct CRs that are reporting wrong. Trying to space out HPs to 6-12 months apart.  One thought has been that within those 2 years post DC I’m not gonna get too much great credit so why not get all the HPs out of the way now.

I’m hoping to trim the fat in the next few months up to my 24 month anniv by renegotiating AFs or closing:

Merrick DYL : $1200, $75 AF

Mission lane: $1100, $59 AF

Blaze: $850, $99 AF (looks like they waived it, approved 9/4/2019 and no charge is showing up)

Other than the Apple Card (which I must wait 3 years post-BK7 DC according to sources) and the NFCU platinum at 91/3, I’m really not wanting anything else credit wise. Will not be able to get Amex, Citi, Chase for many years . So I need to permit myself to enter the garden again. Oh wait, there’s a shiny, blingy thing over there

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Update: 18 months of Rebuilding, App spree, DPs

Congratulations on your approvals and CLIs!
Message 2 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on finding success with approvals and CLIs!!! 👍🏻 

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild.

Message 4 of 8
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on all of your hard work being successful!!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. Be careful mixing close apps for Comenity store cards and majors though - in the past there have been people who opened both too close together and had all of their lines shut down. I haven't read of it in awhile and I'm hoping it's a thing of the past.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks for that advice. I will keep an eye out. I'm being very careful about using them. Not sure what I can do now except keep utilization low and make sure other credit is used ok.  I'll report back if anything that might happen. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's all any of us can do and I'd say by your progress you're doing it right. Just keep maintaining as you are and you'll finish rebuilding in no time Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.