Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on my Identity Theft story!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my Identity Theft story!

Okay, so for those of you that don't remember my story here is the link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=5957&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Okay, so my experience has been actually pretty easy. Easier than I thought. I started credit repair two days after my 18th birthday. 05/26/2008, and I am happy to say I am now complete with the credit repair. I immediately put initial fraud alert on my accounts, this turned into extended fraud alert. It will be on there for 7 years, but I will probably remove it sooner, as its a hassle when applying for credit.

At first I started off with scores well into the 400's, well FAKO scores at least. I have yet to pull all three FICO scores, because I dont know where to get them. (posted that question in a separate post in the product feedback forum)

Okay, so basically my reports consisted of about three collection accounts. With many more not reporting, but were about to. I had 4 charge off's on my report. All very recent, so that made them easier to get rid of, everything was fresh. My identity theft started sometime last summer I believe. I had about 19 inquiries on each report!!!!

After disputing everything and it coming back verified, I had to send in the police reports to the CRA's, as well as the banks. I asked the CRA's to delete all the inquiries that I believed to be fraudulent, along with all the fradulent accounts. They had no problem doing this. Every account got removed. I then made sure I contacted all the banks/CC companies that had fraudulent accounts in my name. I made sure I sent out police reports with every collection letter I got.

So lets fast forward to today, TU carelessly deleted everything off my credit report, so I have no good accounts anymore and a score of 0, working on getting that fixed, it was 635 (before all the inquiries got deleted like they were supposed to), so when the good account gets back im expecting it to be much higher. EQ is 654 and EX is 657, I am very excited. I have been approved for a Platinum HSBC Mastercard 14.95 % APR, 300 CL (this is due to my lack of history I'm sure. I had to go through the questions over the phone due to the fraud alert on my file.

Anyways, I did this all by myself. Countless letters, faxes, and phone calls later here I am lol. Oh and when certain credit bureaus say they don't take faxes they are lying!!!! Just look up some numbers on here or elsewhere. They do, I have had things removed through fax with every bureau.

I have learned so much from this forum, thank you guys so much! I will continue to be around here everyday I'm sure, contributing like you have done with me!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on my Identity Theft story!

good job on getting everything worked out

you can get all 3 ficos here under products or my products. There's a promo right now for 20% off, it shows up at the top of my screen at the home page.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on my Identity Theft story!

Which product allows all three to be pulled? The explanation of the products confuse me. And does it matter if my TU doesnt currently have a score, because of what was described above?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.