Now they are:

Equifax: 514

Transunion: 502

Experian: 511

This is after applying , getting approved for , and using:

Capital One Secured: $400 Limit

Opensky Secured: $200 Limit

US Bank Secured: $300 Limit

Ive paid them off everytime and kept balance at 0 except Capital One accidently reported at $110 Balance even though I paid for it.  

I don't know if my scores have improved significantly but I am happy.  I'm working on getting a car loan and when I first applied with the original scores , the offers I received were terrible.  

I'm wondering if I applied now , would I be able to get better rates? Obviously my score still sucks but just wondering.

Also , I'm not able to apply for an Alliant Secured Loan because of my Chexsystems so anybody have any advice on how to further speed up the process of increasing my score?

Let me know!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on my Journey! Advice Needed!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys!

I posted here about 2 months ago and my scores were:

Equifax - 464

TU - 486

Experian - 479

Now they are:

Equifax: 514

Transunion: 502

Experian: 511

This is after applying , getting approved for , and using:

Capital One Secured: $400 Limit

Opensky Secured: $200 Limit

US Bank Secured: $300 Limit

Ive paid them off everytime and kept balance at 0 except Capital One accidently reported at $110 Balance even though I paid for it.  

I don't know if my scores have improved significantly but I am happy.  I'm working on getting a car loan and when I first applied with the original scores , the offers I received were terrible.  

I'm wondering if I applied now , would I be able to get better rates? Obviously my score still sucks but just wondering.

Also , I'm not able to apply for an Alliant Secured Loan because of my Chexsystems - How long have you been on Chexsystems? which bank was this for? and what amount?

Let me know!

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Let 1 of your cards report a balance of $10-15 dollars before you try for a vehicle. It'll give you the best score possible but the offer you get will still he pretty bad with those scores. What baddies do you have that is holding your scores down? If you list them with the name of the company, Date of First Delinquency (DoFD, you'll need your reports from the CRA's for this), and what CRA they are with we might be able to help there alsoo.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a bunch of collections that fall off this year , also have some new ones.

Anyone Familiar with Trident Asset Management?  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.