cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades and account closure question

MileHigh96
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrades and account closure question

Nice job on getting the Ollo card. Was it their rewards card or just the regular card?

And now with the three revolving accounts, you should be good to go with the installment loan you already have. That should satisfy everything that CRA's are looking at in a credit file.
BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021

Before discharge:

Since discharge:


FICO8 Scores on 08/19/2021:
Message 11 of 16
rosco75
Member

Re: Upgrades and account closure question


@MileHigh96 wrote:
Nice job on getting the Ollo card. Was it their rewards card or just the regular card?

And now with the three revolving accounts, you should be good to go with the installment loan you already have. That should satisfy everything that CRA's are looking at in a credit file.

To be honest, I am not sure. I did as you suggested and opened up my credit kharma app and saw the offer there. I checked to see if it had an AF (I typically only care about AF's and Maintence fees for starter cards) and I knew this was a card that could have the CLI easily enough so I pulled the trigger. Since I already have a rewards card with the Quicksilver, thats the only card I planned on using anyway so I wasnt too concerned. I guess I should have looked though. 

 

Guess now we wait!

Message 12 of 16
rosco75
Member

Re: Upgrades and account closure question

I just realized that looking at my own screenshot there seems to be two dupliacte accounts on my tradelines lol

Message 13 of 16
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

Re: Upgrades and account closure question


@rosco75 wrote:

I just realized that looking at my own screenshot there seems to be two dupliacte accounts on my tradelines lol


Yes, it does.  However, that is a good starting point.  We can clearly see that the first several numbers in the 'Account Number' are the same in both pairs (please see attached screen shot below).  But, what we do not know is what the hidden numbers are.  It is possible that the hidden numbers are different.  But I would investigate.

 

Adverse Accounts.png

FICO8 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:


FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:


FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:


FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:


Starting Score: Exp 699
Current Score: Exp 699
Goal Score: Exp 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
rosco75
Member

Re: Upgrades and account closure question


@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

@rosco75 wrote:

I just realized that looking at my own screenshot there seems to be two dupliacte accounts on my tradelines lol


Yes, it does.  However, that is a good starting point.  We can clearly see that the first several numbers in the 'Account Number' are the same in both pairs (please see attached screen shot below).  But, what we do not know is what the hidden numbers are.  It is possible that the hidden numbers are different.  But I would investigate.

 

Adverse Accounts.png


So I called the department of education and found out that all 7 of these student loan tradelines are the same TWO loans. (one of the navient ones is actually a legit duplicate)

What was told is that the two loans starting with 4309 are the origional loans opened in 2001. They defaulted sometime in 2005 and were "consolodated" or sold, to NELNET. Then, after they had them for a while they were sold or transfered or whatever, to depatment of education on 12/13/2010. Then they made one last jump to Navient and she wasnt able to see what that date was but gave me a number to call to find out. 

 

What is strange to me is this - the last time that I actually paid anything on these two loans was sometime around 2005. But yet all of these tradelines show payments and late payments throughout the last 15 or so years even showing late's from 2020 and 2021. How is this possible? How did 2 loans turn into 6 tradelines. It has trippled my late payments, and somehow has been reporting even though these loans were c/o years ago and recently discharged through TPD discharge. Shouldnt these loans have fallen off years ago? Shouldnt they all be only 2 tradelines not 6? 

Message 15 of 16
rosco75
Member

Re: Upgrades and account closure question

Here is an example of both payment history and missing payments being reported through the years even though I have not touched these loans since 2005 

 

loans.PNG

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.