Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Capital One Platinum to a cash back card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrading Capital One Platinum to a cash back card

Hello,

I am two year removed from filing for bankruptcy and have had a CapOne Plantinum card for year and a half. 

I was wondering if it is still to ealry to call and ask for an 'upgrade' to a cash back card?

I know I could (and will) call them and ask but I was curious what all of your expereinces have been when in the same situation.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrading Capital One Platinum to a cash back card

You don't have to call.   Cap 1 has an upgrade site you can use to see if you qualify for an upgrade with no hard pull on credit

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am two year removed from filing for bankruptcy and have had a CapOne Plantinum card for year and a half. 

I was wondering if it is still to ealry to call and ask for an 'upgrade' to a cash back card?

I know I could (and will) call them and ask but I was curious what all of your expereinces have been when in the same situation.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is to see if you pre qualify for a new card

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify/

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Message 3 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your upgrade.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been there before in the past, It told me "we couldn’t match your records to a card offer.
But based on your answers, we think you might like this card." then suggested a QuickSilver 1 card (39 AF, yuck) and a capital one platnum that I have already.

Just thought by calling I may get a better response.

Message 5 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive been there before in the past, It told me "we couldn’t match your records to a card offer.
But based on your answers, we think you might like this card." then suggested a QuickSilver 1 card (39 AF, yuck) and a capital one platnum that I have already.

Just thought by calling I may get a better response.

Definitely give them a call. The upgrade link did not work for me either, but when I called I was given 3 different card options to PC my QS1 to. It was an easy, painless experience. Maybe a total of 5 minutes on the phone. Good luck and let us know how it pans out!  Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I think you're looking for this link

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-check-for-upgrade-link/td-p/4934733

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Just spoke with them on the phone and they upgraded my platnum card to a Quick Silver Rewards card ( 0 AF). So good news there.

Afterwards I requested a credit lin increase and was given the 2-3 business days message. Guess I went a little to far lol.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your PC! 👍

Message 9 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

Just spoke with them on the phone and they upgraded my platnum card to a Quick Silver Rewards card ( 0 AF). So good news there.

Afterwards I requested a credit lin increase and was given the 2-3 business days message. Guess I went a little to far lol.

That's awesome! Enjoy earning some cash back on those swipes now! Good work!  Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.