Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Wrong DV Letter for Medical Collection

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Used Wrong DV Letter for Medical Collection

HELP!  I used the wrong DV letter.  The CA didn't validate, but I did find out that they are only assigned this account since the payment must be made out to the OC. 

I don't know if I should send the 2nd DV due to all of the information that I've read about HIPAA & the correct way to handle medical collections.  What's my next step?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Used Wrong DV Letter for Medical Collection

adamseve wrote:
HELP!  I used the wrong DV letter.  The CA didn't validate, but I did find out that they are only assigned this account since the payment must be made out to the OC. 

I don't know if I should send the 2nd DV due to all of the information that I've read about HIPAA & the correct way to handle medical collections.  What's my next step?

What do you mean "used the wrong DV letter"

IMO, call the OC and ask them if they can remove from collections if you PIF.
Message 2 of 5
adamseve
Established Contributor

sidewinder,

Instead of using the HIPAA letters and starting a dispute with the CRA since this is a medical collection, I jumped right into rebuilding by sending the DV to the CA.

I've already disputed this account with the CRA, but I didn't use the correct dispute letter that's on Whychat.

As for the PIF, that's what I want to do.  However, I'm just uneasy about asking the OC for PFD since they can't control what the CA does with regard to deleting the item.  I don't want the CA to disregard the deletion request from the OC simply because they're peeved that I didn't pay the bill through them.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

adamseve wrote:
sidewinder,

Instead of using the HIPAA letters and starting a dispute with the CRA since this is a medical collection, I jumped right into rebuilding by sending the DV to the CA.

I am not aware of any HIPAA letter to send to the CRA.

I've already disputed this account with the CRA, but I didn't use the correct dispute letter that's on Whychat.

The only letters I am aware of are dispute letters to the CA and letters to the OC.

As for the PIF, that's what I want to do.  However, I'm just uneasy about asking the OC for PFD since they can't control what the CA does with regard to deleting the item.  I don't want the CA to disregard the deletion request from the OC simply because they're peeved that I didn't pay the bill through them.

If the OC removes the account from the CA and gives you a letter stating such then the CA has to delete.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went back through whychat's site and I found the letter.

Never saw this before.

The CRA can not provide you with the type of service, not even the date of service more than likely.

I think this letter would be a waste of time. Just my opinion.

When you dispute with the CRA all they do is verify with the CA that they are reporting accurately.

The CRAs do not do any investigation really to determine if they account is yours or not. That is between you, the CA, and the OC.

If the CA verifies to the CRA that they are reporting correctly, the CRA is fine regarding legal issues.

Can you imagine the time  it would take to investigate every account that is reported to them?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-23-2008 05:09 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.