Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization is everything

tag
Civil
Regular Contributor

Utilization is everything

Score went up 51 points today from a Barclay charge off that was killing my utilization. I am now 18 points away from 700 with Experian but TU and EQ have not update yet and they are higher than EX so I might be in the 700s with them.

Data:
2 paid charge offs Barclay and JCP (late accounts)
0 collections
4 late accounts 2 drop off next year all over 120 lates
AAoA 3.5
Total credit is around 7k

My credit has never been this high in my life so don’t give up

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization is everything

Congrats! Keep fighting the good fight! You will prevail!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoohoo! Congrats on your progress. I know it feels so good!

Message 3 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your credit progress!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sure is. I got a +60 point jump, from FICO 8 666 to 726, when my secured loan utilization went from 17% to 8.47%. It was my only account with a credit history of 1 year.

Message 5 of 9
Civil
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone and yes it does feels really good. It takes time, patience, and constituency...time to get my house in 7 months now 🙌🏽

Message 6 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the points increase and a decent one at that.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 7 of 9
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Tell me about it! My score was at 713 (highest it's ever been) and I've been doing ok at keeping track of the statement dates and when they post to my report. I let a credit card post a reallllyyy high balance and it kicked my utilization from 13% to 20%. My score dropped 15 points!! It's literally the only thing that changed, so I know it's from the utilization. Just goes to show how very important using your cards responsibly is. I've already paid the card off, but will have to wait till next month because it just posted to my reports last week. It's ok, though; I'm not trying to apply for anything any time soon.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 8 of 9
Civil
Regular Contributor

Not sure why my EQ only went up 9 points...from 647 to 656 but TU went up 32 points and EX went up 51 points.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.