Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA_Will this affect my mortgage scores_Not FICO 8

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

VA_Will this affect my mortgage scores_Not FICO 8

I was awarded judgment of $562 through the courts of suing my ex landlord and on counter claim the judge awarded same amount to him and we both signed a satisfaction of judgment, when the judgments are entered will this affect my mortgage score not my FICO 8? This was small claims court in AZ and I don't think I can get this vacated because no appeals in SC court. I'm going for a mortgage in Dec and want no hiccups_this was just yesterday! I responded to a post yesterday with this and haven't received any responses just yet.

I plan on going VA and dropping down our deposit on a new build tomorrow and completion expected in December, I understand that I can show the lender the letter of satisfied judgment and explanation (lenders care about items that show unpaid or unwilligness to satisfy) and that should suffice but I worry about a fresh judgment affecting mortgage scores.  Admin, please move if this is the wrong forum (but does pertain to mortgages).  I know this will impact my FICO 8 !!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: VA_Will this affect my mortgage scores_Not FICO 8

Anyone?

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If the judgement is on there at all it will affect all flavors of FICO.

You want it gone completely, I'll request this thread get moved to the Rebuilding forum where it's better addressed in terms of actually getting that accomplished.

        
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. I think will effect any of the scores. There could be options on how to move forward, depending on what you want accomplished.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

By reading these forums I was able to get some great information on how to go about vacating a judgment and.......................SUCCESS!  Thank You

No more worries about my VA Loan being impactedCourt.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.