Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS Closed Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VS Closed Account

I just paid an old Victoria secret charge off but had an account in good standing for a year and three months. I recently used it and paid it off so they wouldn't close it but now a few months later and about two weeks after the charge off was reflected as paid they closed my open good standing account. 

has anyone had this happen and why? There was no balance on it and always paid on time. My last collection fell off last night on trans union and with this account closed it made my score drop a point. I'm sure it will bounce back but I'm confused?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VS Closed Account

I should mention this is on Credit Karma I saw this. MyFICO hasn't updated anything in a few days for my notifications.

Message 2 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently used it and paid it off so they wouldn't close it

but now a few months later 

Sorry that happened.

How long ago did you last use it?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Comenity and they said it was due to inactivity. I paid the card off on 3/29 was my last payment. So only five weeks ago. And it was closed 5/2 so I didn't have a balance for four weeks. That's insane. I only lost one point so far from it but she said to just reapply for a new one. I told her no. It would re age my credit and add a new inquiry. She "looked" to see if she could reopen but said she couldn't. That's insane. I never missed a payment and never maxed it out. I'm preparing for a home loan so it's a little irritating. You shouldn't add any new credit during that. Even if I wasn't I don't think I'll ever get a card with comenity again if they don't rectify this. I filed a complaint and submitted my statements with my last payment and submitted there email of closure due to inactivity 

Message 4 of 16
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Comenity and they said it was due to inactivity. I paid the card off on 3/29 was my last payment. So only five weeks ago. And it was closed 5/2 so I didn't have a balance for four weeks. That's insane. I only lost one point so far from it but she said to just reapply for a new one. I told her no. It would re age my credit and add a new inquiry. She "looked" to see if she could reopen but said she couldn't. That's insane. I never missed a payment and never maxed it out. I'm preparing for a home loan so it's a little irritating. You shouldn't add any new credit during that. Even if I wasn't I don't think I'll ever get a card with comenity again if they don't rectify this. I filed a complaint and submitted my statements with my last payment and submitted there email of closure due to inactivity 

Comenity is known for closing all accounts for no apparent reason. I can tell you that it was not for inactivity in your case. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed the dispute with the BBB. I don't know if there is another way to file a dispute.

Message 6 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

3/29 was my last payment.

So only five weeks ago.

And it was closed 5/2 so I didn't have a balance for four weeks. 

I'm not sure if pymt activity is considered "activity" in the sense of using the card as far as Comenity is concerned. (Making a purchase is what the csr may have meant)

I was wondering how long has it been since your last purchase? ... not last pymt (3/29), in order to get a recent dp of non-use with a Comenity product. Do you remember the month of your last purchase?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you say there was a charge off?  Maybe that figured in closing your account.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was an old charge off but it's been paid. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts can be closed due to delinquency in other accounts.

What exactly did you file a complaint about?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.