Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS Closed Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VS Closed Account

The other one was old and I opened this card after that charge off. They shouldn't feed off each other. The charge off was from 2018 and paid this year. The new card was opened 2020. 

I filed a complaint since there is no grounds to cancel the account when I had an active card that was being used. They said there was no activity but I have proof that I just hadn't used it since 3/29 this year. 40 odd days of inactivity shouldn't be deemed as account inactivity and close the account.

Message 11 of 16
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

"I just paid an old Victoria secret charge off but had an account in good standing for a year and three months."

After reading through this I'm thinking that when you paid the charge off it somehow triggered them closing the new account.

It was a charge off with VS yes? 

I think those two incidents are related. It may have been unintentional but I think paying that charge off is related to the closing of your new account. I only use my VS card about once per year around Christmas and they haven't closed it so that is not the actual reason in spite of what they told you. 

Sorry that happened to you. 

Message 12 of 16
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Sorry about this closed VS account. It does not make any sense. That's why I stay away from store cards and stick strickly to established bank cards. I hope your complaints result in you getting the solution you are seeking.

Message 13 of 16
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

Agreed. I absolutely refuse store cards every time. I may consider  ( for 0 financing) when I buy furniture again but that's it.

Message 14 of 16
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

In terms of COs ( they hold weight) for most of the duration, 2018 is fairly recent.

I am actually surprised they gave you credit, 2 yrs after a CO with them. That said Comenity stinks anyway. I think the 2 incidents are related and not due to inactivity.

Message 15 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The other one was old and I opened this card after that charge off. They shouldn't feed off each other. The charge off was from 2018 and paid this year. The new card was opened 2020. 

I filed a complaint since there is no grounds to cancel the account when I had an active card that was being used. They said there was no activity but I have proof that I just hadn't used it since 3/29 this year. 40 odd days of inactivity shouldn't be deemed as account inactivity and close the account.

But payments don't count as activity. Did you make an actual purchase on 3/29?

Also, it is usually always stated in the Terms and Conditions of all CCs (I'm sure this card is no exception) that they (and you) can close the account at any time, which means they DO have grounds to cancel it with or without a real reason. But yes, I'm sure your CO had something to do with it, unfortunately. Whether they're from the same store or not, it IS the same bank, after all. And a 2 year old charge off isn't old at all in the credit world.

EDIT:

From their credit card agreement:

You may close your Account at any time. You remain responsible for any amount owed under this Agreement. We may close, suspend or not renew your Account at any time, for any reason, without notice.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.