Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid account invalid details.

tag
Kree
Established Contributor

Valid account invalid details.

Hello,

I've tried searching the forums, but keep coming up with information for accounts that have gone to collections, and it doesn't seem to be applicable to me, because steps often involve CAs and there is no CA for me.

My apartment is being reported on TU as a revolving account. With a high balance of my rent reporting every month. TU is 40 points lower than my other 2 scores, from myfico, so i assume this might be having an effect.

So my issues are, 1. I always pay before the rent is due, so I should have a 0 balance at all times. 

2. it is listed as a single account, but there are 2 people on the lease so it should be joint.

3. it is listed as a revolving account, but it is a termed lease, so should be installment?

4. my rent payment is 1721, but for some reason each month is listed at a different dollar amount, sometimes 1721, sometimes 1725 etc

I've filed a dispute with TU and submitted my lease as evidence, but I'm worried that the dispute will come back verified.  What would my next step be? I don't necessarily need it off my record. I just want the terms to be correct, it seems to be hurting my utilization.

Cheers,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Valid account invalid details.

Once you have a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation that verifies the accuracy of reported information, you can then file your own private civil action and get full judicial review of the finding, with full recourse to the court's discovery process.

An apartment lease is a third and separate type of credit, commonly referred to as Open credit (not to be confused with an Open account).

Installment credit provides for repayment in set installments.

Open credit refers to credit for goods or services that is due in full at the specified due date.  It is not an installment credit account with a preset number of due installments.

Message 2 of 3
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Valid account invalid details.

Thank you for clarifying that it should not be an installment account.

I don't have access to my TU report, because they locked me out pending the dispute investigation, and i didn't think to save it.

My 3B report has the account listed under revolving accounts. If, as you say an apartment lease is a third and seperate credit, should it be listed under "other accounts" instead of revolving accounts? or does the placement not matter? I am now seeing that the full category name is "installment and open accounts".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.