Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation failed?

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Validation failed?

I recently disputed and sent letters to several collection agencies. What I got back was a letter from the collector containing a letter from the original creditor saying they sold my account to xxxx and the last billing statement. 

Where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Validation failed?

That is all that is necessary to validate. If in fact the debt is yours I would move to settle.
Message 2 of 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@reno55 wrote:

I recently disputed and sent letters to several collection agencies. What I got back was a letter from the collector containing a letter from the original creditor saying they sold my account to xxxx and the last billing statement. 

Where do I go from here?

Not sure what validation you were expecting but it sounds like they responded with evidence that you owe them. Your next step is to try and negotiate a PFD. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@reno55 wrote:

Where do I go from here?

I wish I knew if there were some effectiveness with sending validation letters, other than to validate that I owe the debt.  It seems like a counterproductive activity, so we want to move away from that. (Unless someone can convince us otherwise). You call the CAs, with your offer ready - for that day!!! - and tell them you want to settle. Make your offer. Tell them you need the agreement in writing. They will tell you that they cannot email - so have a fax number ready. 

On to the next..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.