Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score - Need to get to 570 as fast as possible

tag
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

Vantage Score - Need to get to 570 as fast as possible

So I've got a unique situation I'm working on because of my business, and need to get my personal experian vantage score above 570. Don't ask me why the SBA is using the vantage score but that is what they are using much to everyones dismay. Remember some of what I learned about vantage score it scores any account over 100% credit utilization heavy and it causes a significant loss as does overall credit utilization being over 100%.

Currently Experian Vantage score is 541 so I need to make up 39 points at the minimum. Here is what I've done to try to achieve this so far:

American Express - Reported at 175% CU - Normal cycle push update for CU at 15% - Should Update Next Week

Capital One - Reported at 115% CU - Mid-cycle push update for CU at 85% - Should Update Next Week

Overall CU - Reported at approx. 140% CU - Based on aforementioned updates CU will be at 85-90% Next Week

I'm wondering if this will be enough or additional payments need to be made to get this score where I need it to be. The reason this is imperative is it involves business being funded for our recover from disaster but they are basing it not only on the business credit but also guarantor as such disqualifying me unless it can be fixed. Thank you in advance to anyone with advice or thoughts.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vantage Score - Need to get to 570 as fast as possible

@cyrusvalentino wrote:

So I've got a unique situation I'm working on because of my business, and need to get my personal experian vantage score above 570. Don't ask me why the SBA is using the vantage score but that is what they are using much to everyones dismay. Remember some of what I learned about vantage score it scores any account over 100% credit utilization heavy and it causes a significant loss as does overall credit utilization being over 100%.

Currently Experian Vantage score is 541 so I need to make up 39 points at the minimum. Here is what I've done to try to achieve this so far:

American Express - Reported at 175% CU - Normal cycle push update for CU at 15% - Should Update Next Week

Capital One - Reported at 115% CU - Mid-cycle push update for CU at 85% - Should Update Next Week

Overall CU - Reported at approx. 140% CU - Based on aforementioned updates CU will be at 85-90% Next Week

I'm wondering if this will be enough or additional payments need to be made to get this score where I need it to be. The reason this is imperative is it involves business being funded for our recover from disaster but they are basing it not only on the business credit but also guarantor as such disqualifying me unless it can be fixed. Thank you in advance to anyone with advice or thoughts.

scoring threshold for util is as follows for aggregate and individual TLs:

88.9% and under (over this is considered maxxed out and a huge score hit and being over 100% on multiple cards is really hurting you!)

68.9% and under

48.9% and under

28.9% and under

8.9% and under

To get a quick score boost, implement AZEO, all cards at $0, except for one that will report at 8.9% or under.

Your non-zero card cannot be:

Credit Union CC

Amex (charge cards don't work for AZEO)

Chase (they report $0 bal off-cycle)

Good luck!

Message 2 of 17
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous - Thanks so much, that makes a lot of sense. Sadly I do not have the funds to do the AZEO method or I would. I have at most another $500 I could throw at this at the moment without affecting normal budget and throwing myself into a worse situation. I remember the over 100% hurting severly, and just wondered if fixing that will be a big enough climb speculative of course I know no one can truly tell me as each of our profile are unique but given that no cards will over 100% CU and overall will be below 89% I'm just hoping and praying that will be enough business desperately needs the funding. If not, I'll have to figure out the best place to throw the $500 to have the most effect.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyrusvalentino wrote:

@Anonymous - Thanks so much, that makes a lot of sense. Sadly I do not have the funds to do the AZEO method or I would. I have at most another $500 I could throw at this at the moment without affecting normal budget and throwing myself into a worse situation. I remember the over 100% hurting severly, and just wondered if fixing that will be a big enough climb speculative of course I know no one can truly tell me as each of our profile are unique but given that no cards will over 100% CU and overall will be below 89% I'm just hoping and praying that will be enough business desperately needs the funding. If not, I'll have to figure out the best place to throw the $500 to have the most effect.

If AMEX is at 15% util you crossed several thresholds and now i would throw the rest at Cap one and hopefully (since I dont know $ amounts) will be 68.9% or 48.9%

Good luck!

Message 4 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@cyrusvalentino wrote:

List these out like this:

Creditor Name/Credit Line/Balance

Need to see the whole picture. Over 100% is OTL but what is the limit.

Message 5 of 17
Stugotsv10
Frequent Contributor

Yeah SBA uses vantage for SOME reason!!!!

Just add a tradeline quickly.. friends, family member, longer the better... hopefully a decent limit, worst case add 2... buy one if you have too

Message 6 of 17
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Stugotsv10 wrote:

Yeah SBA uses vantage for SOME reason!!!!

Just add a tradeline quickly.. friends, family member, longer the better... hopefully a decent limit, worst case add 2... buy one if you have too

Please do not ever tell anyone to purchase a TL on this forum. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 17
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

The thresholds being provided are all great information, however they are for FICO. OP needs to improve their Vantage Score. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

The thresholds being provided are all great information, however they are for FICO. OP needs to improve their Vantage Score. 

They both go by almost the same %'s. Vantage is 30%. FICO is 28.9%

Message 9 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.