Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vastly different fall off dates

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Vastly different fall off dates

I have three collection accounts that are set to fall off this year. I understand that the credit bureaus are different in how they keep accounts on your report. But the fall off dates are so vastly different they don't make sense.

And this has nothing to do with the fall off date already calculated.

I'm talking about fall off dates that are six and seven months apart.

The accounts in question are already off my transunion and Experian but because of the 6-month difference they remain on Equifax.

Every time I call Equifax they say that the date is accurate.

How can the fall off date be so vastly different on one credit bureau.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Vastly different fall off dates

In my personal experience, Equifax was the only CRA that gave me grief and still do to this day!!! They unfortunately would not correct my paid charge-off information and I decided to just leave it alone. My item is scheduled to purge on 12/1/2022 and I'm just counting down!!! Best wishes on resolving your issue with them but don't think that you are alone in your treatment. Smiley Mad

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 2 of 3
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: Vastly different fall off dates

Thank you for your response and I appreciate the encouragement.

There should be more laws regarding this. Credit bureaus have such an impact on people's lives they should be held more accountable.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.