cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Charge-off from 2012?... Any Advice?

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Re: Vehicle Charge-off from 2012?... Any Advice?

Appreciate all the information! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t see any logical reason not to pursue an early exclusion request. Pull your report from annualcreditreport.com

This is the government mandated site that allows you to get your credit report free once a year. The reason why you go to this site vs other options is this is the most complete and detailed report available anywhere, period.

It will have the “date this item will remain on your report until”. The wording is a little diffent on each report but you get the idea. It is the last line before the monthly payment data.

Once you have those dates follow the 6,3,1 method. 6 months for TU before the date on the report, 3 months for EX, 1 month for EQ. You can not do this online. You must call. Remember you are making a REQUEST. This is not a law. This is policy the CRA have in place. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Say something like “I would like to make a request for an early exclusion and I know only a supervisor can do this”. They will either transfer you or go away and come back and say the supervisor authorized them to open your request. You are not disputing the information, do not make any demands. They do not have to honor your request....ask politely.

As we know when dealing with other humans things don’t always go as planned. So search here for early exclusion to see examples from other posters on how to proceed if you need additional pointers. Good luck.

Message 12 of 15
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

I actually did the disputes online on the Transunion website. Is that a bad thing? Wasnt aware I had to call to get it done :-(

Message 13 of 15
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Disputing it will make it look like a new delinquency which is a bad thing for your score.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again. This is not a dispute. You are not disputing the validity of the debt. You are making a request to remove it from your report early.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.