Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Repossession

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vehicle Repossession

Hello, Iv'e used this site in the past to work on my credit using some of the PFD letters that has been posted on here. They have been very successful,  Iv'e had a few, six to be exact removed from my credit report. I'm now back at it again trying to remove more collections/charge off's off of my report. I have four PFD letters that I will be mailing out Tomorrow 11/04/2019. I will keep everyone updated as things move along. 

I have a question reguarding a collection on my account, and i have no idea how to approach it. The account in question is Santander Cosumer USA. I had a vehicle loan with them some years ago and the car was repossesed, It is showing a zero balance, paymet status is charged off, Account status showes closed, Balance updated 10/01/2018, Status updated 10/01/2018 Date opened 04/01/2015 and it aslo showes that the account has been sold to NCB Management Services. NCB management also showes on my report with a balance of $9,704.00. Balance updated 09/20/2019 Date opened 09/01/2018 Status Updated 11/01/2018 Account status Closed. 

my question is who do i go after first, Santander since the account is sold and showing a zero balance or NCB Management? I'm thinking santander even though its sold and showing a zero balance just so i can get it off my account but i dont know what type of letter to send. what do you suggest i do? 

Has anyone had any success with these types of accounts being removed? I did recive a call from NCB Managemnt a few weeks ago and they wanted to settle for about $3,000 but i couldn't do anything with such a large payment at the time and didn't want to give any info reguqrding my bank account to make monthly payments. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Vehicle Repossession

You can't PFD an account that's been sold. The best you can do is ask for a Goodwill deletion by giving them a really good sob story. The PFD will have to be directed at NCB.

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Santander is the worst. They dont care about only themselves and wont do any GW's. I fought for 2 yrs for 1 yes 1 30 day late on a 5 yr loan. No go. Your going to have to work it out with the CA. Santander got paid for the account and could care less any longer.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I’ll save up a check or two and go after the CA with a PFD letter. I’ll try to settle for 2,600. Or 3k that they offered me over the phone. I’m just worried that they may have documented the call and put notes on the account and the PFD may not work being that I’ve talked to them already over the phone....
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You never know. Nothing ever hurts to try when it comes to dealing with credit issues. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.