Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verbal SOL reset

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Verbal SOL reset

Does discussing a debt that is SOL with a CA reset it ?   I’m outside of the SOL but still have time left on my credit report.  When we spoke I used terms like “ assuming this is mine “ and “ hypothetically “.  They even confirmed that it was outside of SOL.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Verbal SOL reset

I don’t think so. I think setting up a payment plan will reset it or just making a payment will reset your date.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I think every state has their own laws.  Some require a written declaration to pay, others require far less.  Just be careful.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I think every state has their own laws.  Some require a written declaration to pay, others require far less.  Just be careful.

Yes each state sets their own laws regarding SOL and the OP should consult such laws to see the events that can trigger a reset of this date. The SOL is not to be confused with the time it can remain on ones CR, that date can never change.

Message 4 of 8
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

I made a hypothetical suggestion of what it would take to remove. Interestingly they said they don’t remove...but...after I were to pay they suggested I dispute and they wouldn’t respond to the CRA and it would then just get removed.

I’m just not going to engage anymore.
Message 5 of 8
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Hmmm, interesting approach -- was this an original creditor or a debt collector?

Do you mind sharing the name of the company?  I'm in the process of paying off a collection and wonder if this might help once I have the collection paid off.

Thanks in advance.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Since payment of a debt does not make any prior reporting per se inaccurate, and since the CRAs have a clear policy that payment is not basis for reporting deletion of a collection, that would not be the basis for a dispute.

A dispute must clearly identify an asserted inaccuracy in order to impose a requirment that the CA forward to the debt collector,and that the debt collector then investigate and respond back to the CRA.

A dispute that lacks identification of a specific inaccuracy can simply be dismissed by the CRA as being "frivolous or irrelevant" without any requirment of the CRA or furnisher to investigate.  See FCRA 611(a)(3)(A).

Additionally, even if you were to find some inaccuracy in the reported collection, a dispute is limited only to verification, corrrection, or deletion of that item of information.  Thus, if no verification or correction were provided to the CRA by the debt collector, that would not mandate deletion of the entire collection.  The CRA would correct or delete only the item of information that was the subject of the dispute.

Message 7 of 8
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

The CA is CSC or Credit Solutions Corp collecting on behalf of debt buyer CU Revest 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.