Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Charge Off

I have a Verizon Charge off from 2013. I tried calling Verizon to do a settlement amount to which they only offered 200 off of the 2900. I really need this off of my report.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Verizon Charge Off

Hi and welcome 

Verizon is notoriously difficult to get PFD from. 

Do you know DOFD?  

Might be close to the time you could ask for EE from TU. They will remove negatives if within 6 months from the removal date

Other than that, all you can really do is either take the settlement and wait it out or try for PFD. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

according to experian DOFD was Feb 2013 I am not sure when it should fall off I am new to rebuilding. It and a few late car payments is the only thing holding my score down  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can start asking TU for EE feb 2020, it should fall off organically 8/2020, so EX ask at 5/2020, and just let it fall off EQ 

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

according to experian DOFD was Feb 2013 I am not sure when it should fall off I am new to rebuilding. It and a few late car payments is the only thing holding my score down  

Well, TU allows you to ask 6 months early, so I'd give them a call in August. 

I am sure someone who's had experience with requesting EE will be able to let you know how to go about asking 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.