Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Collection DELETED!!

tag
realnapster
Established Member

Verizon Collection DELETED!!

I have had a collection from Verizon on my credit report since 03/2015 for a non-payment of the final bill which was having an early termination fees.

I have been trying to remove this collection since then. I tried to a PFD, called multiple reps. planetfeedback and couple of goodwill letters.

Last night I emailed to their executive office and this morning I woke to this wonderful email. Finally Verizon agreed to remove the collection. Looking for a nice bump on my credit scores as this was my only baddie in almost 5 years.Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Customer Support. We have recently received your notification of dispute. We have reviewed the information you provided and we have completed all actions required to ensure that the above referenced account has been removed from your credit report.

A request for deletion was sent electronically to all of the major credit-reporting agencies. Please allow up to 30 days for any changes to be reflected on your credit report.

Please note that under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a creditor collecting its own debts is not a "debt collector". Any request for "debt validation" pursuant to Section 15 USC 1692g of the FDCPA is therefore not applicable to Verizon.

We appreciate this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Verizon Customer Support

Starting Score: EQ: 545
Current Score: EQ: 713, EX: 732,TU: 747
Goal Score: 800+ across the board

Total Credit Limit: 210k+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
martypav7
Contributor

Re: Verizon Collection DELETED!!

Can you please share what email did you use to contact EO?

Message 2 of 70
realnapster
Established Member

I have just sent you a PM.

Good Luck.

Starting Score: EQ: 545
Current Score: EQ: 713, EX: 732,TU: 747
Goal Score: 800+ across the board

Total Credit Limit: 210k+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

PM Request please! I have been trying soo hard for this.

Message 4 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Message 5 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's great
Message 6 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like the information please.  I have something on my hubby's credit report from them.

Message 7 of 70
Chilli
Established Contributor

Pls pm the info to me too. Thanks

Message 8 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you would still be willing to share how you went about getting this removed I would love to hear, either way Congrats!

Message 9 of 70
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

let the pm request begin...lol Congrats OP! I too am hoping they one day delete.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 10 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.