Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon/ EOS CCA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon/ EOS CCA

I apologize in advance for this being a long post, but I really need some advice on how to proceed please.

In December 2016 I ordered via online, Verizon DSL Internet for my home I purchased that year. The service was ordered and I was contacted for an install date. When the tech arrived he had advised me that I could not get the service due to all the ports being full. I contacted Verizon customer support about this and the lady I spoke with told me that it was in fact available and she had rescheduled me for another install date. The new date came and another tech came and once again told me I could not receive the DSL service. I contacted the same lady as she gave me her extension as well as email regarding this. She contacted the dispatch for my area and was told the same thing I was the first time they came out. I told the Verizon CS lady to just cancel the service as I am not able to receive the internet. Service was canceled the same day the tech came and I received the email acknowledgement showing this.

Fast forward to January 2019, I received a credit alert that a new collection was on my file. EOS CCA showed a collection for $35 and was showing Verizon as the orginal creditor. At first I had no idea what this was as the only Verizon I have is for my cell phone and it was current and never late. I filed a BBB complaint against EOS CCA as I never received a dunning letter from them and was clueless about the collection against me. They responded and produced a bill from Verizon for $35 showing the phone number that Verizon was going to use for DSL as well as my physical address I recevied the service. I do not receive mail at my physical address and have a PO Box. I understood why I never received anything beforehand as this would have been corrected 2 years ago. I responded to EOS through BBB providing them with all the emails, service cancelations etc.. They never responded back other than an response from BBB stating they did all they could do.

I started a complaint to Verizon via BBB. Provided the original complaint with EOS, bill from Verizon, and all the emails I had with Verizon regarding the service I was not able to receive and never had. Brian with Verizon Executive relations had called me and left a message letting me know he was handling the complaint and asked when a good time to reach me was. I immediately called him back the same day, left him a voicemail stating the time to reach me. I waited a couple days and never heard from him, so I called again and left another message. I tried calling him 5 times within the few weeks only to receive his voicemail each time. After 1 month of this I had another voicemail from him stating that they no longer own the account and I need to contact EOS to see about clearing this up. Same day I got a message from BBB that they received an answer to my complaint. I checked it and it had stated that Verizon was unable to contact customer. I was furious!! I responded to that complaint stating that they had only tried calling me twice, both times while I was at work and unable to speak. I also stated that their answer was for me to work this out with EOS when in fact they were the root cause of this problem and having me in a collection for a service I never received.

I have all the BBB complaints, copy of emails showing service canceled same day tech arrived, emails communicating with Verizon CS about the issues and anything you could possibly need to fight this, but yet it remains on my credit report as a collection for a measly $35!!!

What action can I take from here? Where do I go next? How can I make Verizon pay for putting me in this situation? Please help!! Advise really needed on this, thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
DR527
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon/ EOS CCA

Sorry to hear about your problems with Verizon. I been having some problems of my own and posted about it. Now it seem like a lot of us are. I had services with Verizon that were supposed to be included in my rent payment. My landlord provided me proof of this along with a official letter of when I had moved out. Which was a 14 months before Verizon hit my report as a collection account. I never received any mail at all from Verizon. I never got a single phone call. To be fair I also. Ever called to stop services or returned any equipment. Simply because we figured it wasn’t ours. It belonged to the apartment. I have contacted Verizon many times about this. And I have paid the CO in full (Before I knew about this forum or PFD). I have filed a complaint with the CFPB. And they didn’t help at all. They said they either couldn’t get ahold of Verizon or currently don’t go after them?!?! They only referred me to the DFT. Which also won’t help me but will file a complaint against Verizon. I called around to a few personal lawyers and asked if they will take my case. I meeting with one. Ext week. 🤦🏾‍♂️ All this over like $190.
Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OP the law allows up to 1K in damages for false reporting. I would just simply tell them Im going to sue you if this is not removed since you can prove your case then follow through. Hopefully @RobertEG sees this thread and can help you.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the feedback. Boggles my mind how they are able to blow this off like it isn't their problem. What type of attorney should I be looking for? Consumer? Wish there was a way I could upload the BBB complaints and all the info I have on this. Would love to share this with everyone.
Message 4 of 8
DR527
Regular Contributor

Yeah consumer is what I did.
Message 5 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

OP the law allows up to 1K in damages for false reporting. I would just simply tell them Im going to sue you if this is not removed since you can prove your case then follow through. Hopefully @RobertEG sees this thread and can help you.

What a gaggle f&^%.  The above is awesome advice, and I'd be prepared to follow up with this.  I can't believe they are going to these lengths for $35 regardless of the mess they created in the first place.  Good luck OP.  

Message 6 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

When it comes to service providers I have found the FCC to be a powerful threat when it comes to being billed for services I never received. I've battled it out with att, Sprint, and cox over the course of months and even years. Once I mention contacting the FCC, all issues were resolved between 1-7 days.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to update everyone. I filed a CFPB complaint, originally tried to do it on Verizon but they were not able to send it to them because they wasnt in their system? So I filed it against EOS CCA and attached all the emails, complaints etc... I was contacted a week later stating they will request the account to be deleted as well as cease collections. This is fine, but still irritated about the fact that Verizon is able to do this without any consequences. Doesnt seem like there is any accountability with creating issues like this. Should I still persue this against Verizon?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.