Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Home Phone Service Help

Regular Contributor

Verizon Home Phone Service Help

I have a old home phone account which is paid. It is paid after sent to collections. Not set to come off until 2013. I GW Verizon and got the old "we have to report accurately". They don't have to report at all, which is what I would like. I previously had 2 accounts with them and that one has been deleted from all 3 bureaus. I have tried Planetfeedback for GW several times no success. Any suggestions? I have also used e-mails to Ivan Seidenberg with no response, didn't expect one but worth a shot.

I really need to get this off before 2 1/2 years.

Message 1 of 2
Senior Contributor

Re: Verizon Home Phone Service Help

Welcome to the world of paid CO/paid COLL. They suck, and it's why one should NEVER pay a CO or COLL, outside of a PFD, unless one HAS to. Before some jackhole responds, "unless one HAS to" is subject to a lot of interpretation, and situations vary. For example, if one is facing a lawsuit, and Capone is an example of an OC notorious for suing within 6 months of SOL, then one might have to paid to pay a CO or COLL without a PFD.


Unless the OC is reporting something inaccurate that you could then challenge, you're at their mercy to receive GW or not. However, pesky people sometimes annoy OCs into deleting.


If your 2.5 year timeline is because you wanna buy a house, I would not rule it out just yet, even with a paid CO. There are options.

Message 2 of 2