Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Landline Service

tag
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

Verizon Landline Service

Good Morning,

Has anyone had any success sending a GW letter to verizon for a paid/settled landline account to be deleted? 

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
esme
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon Landline Service

I was able to call verizon's residential customer service line and pushed through to a manager that was high enough in the food chain to agree to delete my account. But it was pretty old and due to fall off in 2-3 months anyway, but still! I was happy. Call their main line and completely skip their first-tier reps. They don't have the authority to do anything even if they wanted to. Ask to be transferred to the collections department and then don't both with their first-tier reps either. Ask up front for a manager.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 2 of 6
Cherriwyn
Regular Contributor

@esme wrote:

I was able to call Verizon's residential customer service line and pushed through to a manager that was high enough in the food chain to agree to delete my account. But it was pretty old and due to fall off in 2-3 months anyway, but still! I was happy. Call their main line and completely skip their first-tier reps. They don't have the authority to do anything even if they wanted to. Ask to be transferred to the collections department and then don't both with their first-tier reps either. Ask up front for a manager.

The funny thing about this issue is this was an error on their part and my service was never disconnected.  When I transferred my service, Verizon did not properly disconnect the service at my old address.  After receiving a final bill I notice the amount was very high.  I contacted Verizon and they issued a refund credit but the credit was applied to my existing account.  Therefore, they said I still owed the outstanding balance and agreed to a settlement but again the service I have now was never interrupted.  Anyway, I asked for a deletion and the manager stated because the account was so old they do not offer a deletion for accounts this old.  I guess I'll try again and hope I get another manager.

Starting Score: 511
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Message 3 of 6
esme
Regular Contributor

No no no no! It is their DUTY by LAW to correct inaccurate reporting!

I would definitely call back. Do not let anyone tell you they can't delete for accounts older than a certain age - THEY CAN. Reference this case US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, No. 00-15946, Nelson vs. Chase Manhattan as an example of what happens when a creditor fails to fix incorrect information. That's borderline willful injury if you ask me. 

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 4 of 6
r1lukasz
New Contributor

Verizon Wireless does not report past-due accounts to credit bureaus. They will attempt to collect on an account for approximately 90 days. If after this time period the account still goes unpaid, the account is referred to an outside collection agency. The outside collection agency will contact you on behalf of Verizon Wireless. They will mail correspondence and place telephone calls to you. If they are unable to collect the balance owed (plus their fees), they will refer the account as a bad debt to the credit bureaus.Your credit report includes the name of the collection agency collecting on behalf of Verizon Wireless. In order to have this information removed, you will need to contact the credit agency

Message 5 of 6
lillygooch4
Established Member

Re: Verizon Landlines Service

Hello,

Im new to all this but I am fight a battle with Verizon that was just posted in Dec 2011 and really dinged me. I was contacted by the CA and I settled and payed it right away but how do I go about getting to remove the derogatory debt. It was not reported by the CA just Verizon. Would a goodwill letter work for this senerio.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.