Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon PFD

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Verizon PFD

Ok I have searched previous threads on this and tried all of the suggestions. Talked the Exec relations they pretty much said they made no mistakes so it stays. Tried PFB (just got scalded by everyone how bad a person I was for trying to get it deleted pretty much) no luck. Is there anyone in particular to get in contact with there these days? It is around $400 and I really think if I could just pay and get thes thing gone it will put me up the 13 or so points for my mortgage approval.. so frustrating! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon PFD

I've never dealt with Verizon.  PFD was the way to go.  I'm just going to bump this back up to see if anyone has a suggestion for dealing with them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Verizon is impossible to deal with. IMHO you will get no where with a PFD with them.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Landline or wireless?

Message 4 of 15
todo02

I was able to get a verizon wireless account removed. I used the BBB. I was contacted by the executive office and I had a heated discussion with their representative and received a call the next day that the account would be removed if i paid within 30 days.

Starting Score: EQ 489 TU 513 9/27/12
Current Score: EQ 489 TU 513 9/27/12
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 15
rkb84
Contributor

It's wireless

Message 6 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I was successful with a PFD with VZW. Persistence is key.

Message 7 of 15
rkb84
Contributor

Thanks. I will keep at it, and go through more people up there in exec relations. Maybe even a BBB dispute as well.
Message 8 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I sent maybe 100 PFDs over the course of a year. I focused on the addresses on my CR, the address on their website, regulatory addresses, corporate address, regional office addresses, addresses that came back within their letterheads on the rejection letters, addresses provided by their CSRs, fax numbers via their CSRs, and so on. The fellow who accepted the PFD said that they had recorded every letter and that they had approved it after so many requests, and accepted the PFD on the condition that I PIF.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

I sent maybe 100 PFDs over the course of a year. I focused on the addresses on my CR, the address on their website, regulatory addresses, corporate address, regional office addresses, addresses that came back within their letterheads on the rejection letters, addresses provided by their CSRs, fax numbers via their CSRs, and so on. The fellow who accepted the PFD said that they had recorded every letter and that they had approved it after so many requests, and accepted the PFD on the condition that I PIF.

I know this is quite old. I'm in the same boat and Verizon is the _only_ neg on my report now so I wanted to get all my ducks in a row before calling them. Do you have a list of addresses you sent the letters to? If you don't mind could you message me any contacts you have for them?

Long story short, I had a wireless account with them which was 3 months past due (I lost the tablet) ... I ended up finding it and called in when I realized I had no 3G service. They told me on the phone the balance was $90 (30/mo) .. and my services would be re-activated within 15/30 minutes of paying. 2 hours went by with no service so I called them back only to be transferred X amount of times for a rep to tell me they cannot re-activate unless I paid a $200 deposit (which I didn't do)... I was furious. So in the end they ended up hitting my CR for $210 termination fee.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.