Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon - Weird Response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon - Weird Response

I sent a GW letter to Verizon for an old account that was settled back in 09, and this is what I received: 

Dear Ms. XXXXX I asked our team to review the account history and provide this post write off summary. The account was written off for non-payment in October of 2008 for $XXX and was settled with an OCA (Outside Collection Agency) over a year later for $XXX, about 60% of the original balance. There was no claim of any error by Verizon or any consequence of non-payment that we did not clearly communicated to you, the customer, this charge off is valid. The date of first delinquency for this account was June 2008 and the derogatory trade line will be removed due to the FCRA statute on or before June 2015, until that time the trade line will reflect as a paid charge off. Please know that Verizon will have the trade line removed in compliance with the FCRA as it stated, on or before June 2015. Thank you.

So my question is this: the sentence "on or before June 2015" is quite vague, doesn't that mean that they could delete it now if they so choose, or in June of 2015? Does anyone else have any experience getting a similar response and then it was deleted right away? Or am I screwed on this one until next June? Thanks for your help in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Verizon - Weird Response

What it means is that it will disappear when the CRA decides to delete and that Verizon will not do a GW delete.  About 6 months out, you should start disputing as obsolete.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.