Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless Charge/Off

tag
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

Verizon Wireless Charge/Off

So on all 3 of my reports is a Verizon Wireless Charge Off for $60 that is being reported/updated monthly. It was reported around May of 2020..

So a month ago, I sent Verizon Wireless a letter stating that I believe the account was in error because my last payment with them SHOULD have covered everything that was due. I sent them proof of that payment and the amount.

Never heard back from them.

So today I decided to call the number on my credit reports, and it tells me that "this account has been placed with an outside collection agency, Diversified Adjustment Services, and their number is866-923-2453, transferring you to Diversified Adjustment Services now..."

Diversified Adjustment is NOT on my credit reports, and Verizon is still reporting a $60 every month.

Suggestions? 

From my understanding, if Verizon has sold the account, they should be reporting a $0 balance....

Should I contact Diversified Adjustment Services or try another Verizon contact to see if they own the debt and etc?

Thanks

Starting Scores FICO8 - 02-23-2022

Current Scores FICO8

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DR527
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon Wireless Charge/Off

Similar thing happened to me. Verizon has their own internal credit collection company. They play games, once you pay them. And they refused to come off your report. I paid Diversified Adjustment for a Paid for Deletion. And they even sent me a email. Saying that they would. But because Verizon that email was useless. I recently got a goodwill adjustment of this account for removal. But its nearly seven years old, about to fall off anyways. Hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 8
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

@DR527 wrote:

Similar thing happened to me. Verizon has their own internal credit collection company. They play games, once you pay them. And they refused to come off your report. I paid Diversified Adjustment for a Paid for Deletion. And they even sent me a email. Saying that they would. But because Verizon that email was useless. I recently got a goodwill adjustment of this account for removal. But its nearly seven years old, about to fall off anyways. Hope that helps. 

Would you still happen to have that email address AND be willing to share it via PM?

Current Scores FICO8

Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If they're still reporting monthly, then they haven't sold it. They merely hired a 3rd party CA to help collect. You should still try to pay Verizon and try to negotiate a PFD. I would do this quickly before the CA places their own TL on your reports. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

They ARE updating every month.

Called Verizon, talked to a real nice CSR, and all she sees is this:

-Account was disconnected

-Account wrote off and sold to Diversified Adjustment Services.

She gave me a number for Verizon's in house collection department to call in the morning.

So BASED ON that information, I CAN dispute this as inaccurate due to the balance and reporting, and handle this with Diversified Adjustment Services. But I will attempt to pay Verizon if possible for removal.

Current Scores FICO8

Message 5 of 8
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

Took multiple calls and attempts after Reps would automatically transfer me to the outside collection agency without listening to what I was asking.

But I finally got someone at Verizon that was able to talk about this account and broke down all of the charges that went into the $60, would not delete or pay for delete, but at least I paid Verizon directly and they will update in 30 days.

My plan is to attempt Goodwill Letters and maybe try to find some inaccurate information about the account a year or so after they stop reporting it...

Current Scores FICO8

Message 6 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@GoHooterGo wrote:

Took multiple calls and attempts after Reps would automatically transfer me to the outside collection agency without listening to what I was asking.

But I finally got someone at Verizon that was able to talk about this account and broke down all of the charges that went into the $60, would not delete or pay for delete, but at least I paid Verizon directly and they will update in 30 days.

My plan is to attempt Goodwill Letters and maybe try to find some inaccurate information about the account a year or so after they stop reporting it...

I'd be careful with the dispute thing. Even if there are inaccuracies, a dispute wouldn't delete the whole TL. The creditor would have the opportunity to make corrections. And if there AREN'T any inaccuracies, then you'd be filing an unnecessary dispute and it would just come back verified and further hurt your score, plus you run the risk of being labeled a "frivolous disputer" and potentially lose the ability to dispute altogether. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 8
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

I did say IF THERE ARE any inaccuracies.

Also, if it's inaccurate, I have the right to request an investigation to either FIX the inaccuracy or DELETE the tradeline until it can be corrected.

Current Scores FICO8

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.