cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless debt sold to IC Systems, but not being reported on my credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless debt sold to IC System, but not being reported on my credit reports

@jrwa81 wrote:

The only problem is that I cannot pay the amount in full.  My husband is tempoarily out of work while recovering from surgery and it looks like they have added quite a few fees to whatever balance was owed when we left Verizon a few years ago since the amount shown is very inflated.  I wanted to negotiate a lower amount and pay it off over 2 or 3 installments.  That's why I reached out to ICS today.  I'm really trying to do the best that I can here to clear this up, but Verizon refused to communicate with me despite my many attempts and I'm now stuck dealing with this outside CA.   If I could simly pay them, I would.  I'm making every possible efffort to be as proactive as possible as opposed to just sitting around and waiting for ICS to hit suddenly my credit reports with a huge derogatory.  I definitely cannot have that happen with a house purchase planned in the next year.

IC Systems does pay for delete even if they do end up reporting. I would save up enough money and then settle with them. You will have better success at a settlement amount than trying to settle in the form of a payment plan. Either the settlememt will not offer as much of a discount or possibly no discount in settlement amount if a payment plan has to be set up.

I personally avoid any contact with creditors or collection agencies until I am ready to pay as to not reset the SOL to be sued. Seeing that the account was closed 3 or pess years ago, it may still be within the SOL, but you dont want it reset. Not sure if they have tendancies to sue or not, but something to keep in mind. Especjally if you make a payment plan agreement and cannot follow through with it.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Wireless debt sold to IC System, but not being reported on my credit reports

I am dealing with VZW too with an old debt.  Try going to their site and paying it and see what happens.  If the account shows up on their site they still have it.  I paid half of what I owe to them waited a day and went back to their site and say the balance had dropped.  I also filed a complaint against them because they would not tell me who actually had the debt after I asked 3 times.  Obviously, they still had to because I was able to pay it and didnt have to go through a collection agency as they said I had to do!  Also, if you go online and they still have it they might not tack on that extra fee!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.