Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon a no go!

tag
mcf
Contributor

Verizon a no go!

Got the EO call today, she said she would call friday no call.. then told me it wasnt our fault so we cannot remove the old paid/charge off from my CR. I said well you all said you would thats why i paid.. but nothing in writing no emails to prove.. so im stuck with it till it falls off i guess, or ill just harass them with a letter a day till they remove it hahahaha...

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FixingMyCreditASAP
Established Member

Re: Verizon a no go!

I'm about to start my battle with Verizon. I guess I have a little bit of leverage seeing as how I owe them almost 2k. My monthly bill was supposed to be 300 a month, but due to fees and going over on data they jacked up my bill. I didn't think it was right so I never paid. Been with t-Mobile ever since, and couldn't be happier. 

4/13 Scores - EQ 521 - TU 541 - EX-592
2/2015 Scores EQ 677 TU 650
Current Cards - Chase Freedom 3.5K / 4K Barclays reward /American Express 500 / DiscoverIT 1500 / QuickSilver / 1.3K Walmart / Auto Loan of 24k really helped my scores
Message 2 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Verizon seems to be a tough cookie to crack

Message 3 of 5
LordAthens1

Try calling back and talking to a supervisor.  I assume you're referring to Verizon Wireless?  I had/having issues with Verizon FIOS, I'm not sure if they share the same credit reporting department or not.

Cliffs notes to my story, they have me in open collections for unreturned equipment.  Equipment that I am currently using on a new account.  IE, they have no legitimate claim on that one.  Also had a paid collection from them 2 years ago, that one was my fault.  It took about an hour of getting bounced around between credit reporting and billing, finally got a hold of a supervisor in credit reporting.  Explained him the situation, he said he will have the unreturned equipment collection taken care of in 24-48 hours.  I then asked about removing my paid collection TL, there was ~10 second silence to which he replied "done".  I suppose I'll find out for sure in the next few days when Score Watch picks up on the PCL removal.  The whole story is here; http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/My-first-quot-credit-victory-quot-unreal-how-...  Every rep I spoke with was friendly, even though they may not have been able to fix my problem.  The supervisor was terrific.  He is getting their problem handled and deleted something for me that he didn't have to.  Maybe a supervisor can do better for you.

Message 4 of 5
mcf
Contributor

Yeh maybe.. i wrote the CEO a letter, and a lady from the EO called me about 72 hours later. I wrote it on uhmm.. i forget the name but i found the site on here in forum somewhere called like poweroffeedback something like that.. she said couldnt help blah.. now i have a total difft issue with this TL on my EQ report it shows derogatory as of 11/2012... it was all back in 06.. itll falloff sometime anyway this year but WTH EQ.. how can they change the friggin date.. I was wondering why my bank said a month ago, no we see a recent derog on your reports from the past 6 mths i said no way... they thought i was crazy.. i swore up and down i dont have one.. well now i see what they were talkin to me about.. so im callin EQ and havin them delete the crap tomorrow.. (preparing battle armor)

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.