Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon account added after mortgage approval

tag
SouthernGirl819
Valued Member

Verizon account added after mortgage approval

My hubby and I finally were preappoved for a home loan. The lender pulled our credit last week on Friday. Today I get an alert from Equifax telling me that a collection account has been added!!! This is an account from Verizon. I've read many posts that say that Verizon doesn't budge on deleting accounts. I was contacted by IC systems and I'm set up on a payment plan with them so I'm not sure why Verizon reported me. Does anyone know if the lender will pull my credit again? Any advice on getting Verizon to delete account once it's paid? 

Beginning Scores: EQ 487 EP 527 TU 567 June 2013
Updated EQ Score: 524 as of 07/09/13
Updated Scores: FAKO - EQ 553 EX 595 TU 610
FICO EQ 501 EX 580
Goal: 700+ club
I'm Motivated!!! Thanks to all member's of myFICO!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon account added after mortgage approval

They will likely pull again closer to closing to verify that you haven't taken on significant new debt(s)/accounts.

Is the item reported by IC Systems or Verizon itself?

I've had some degree of luck having IC Systems' listings deleted through dispute.

Message 2 of 5
SouthernGirl819
Valued Member

It's Verizon.
Beginning Scores: EQ 487 EP 527 TU 567 June 2013
Updated EQ Score: 524 as of 07/09/13
Updated Scores: FAKO - EQ 553 EX 595 TU 610
FICO EQ 501 EX 580
Goal: 700+ club
I'm Motivated!!! Thanks to all member's of myFICO!
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They know you cant close until you pay them, settle with them ask for the PFD if its valid, they dont want to stop your closing they just want their money.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a collection was reported, then Verizon cannot delete.

You must contact the reporting debt collector regarding any PFD or good will request.

As for paying vs deletion, the effect of collection is normally different depending upon the underwriting requirements.

Some collections will be required only to be paid, thus avoiding any issues of the credtior placing a lien on the property.

Deletion is usually a qualification issue if the consumer's score is not adequate to meet the minimum requirments.

If in doubt, contact your loan officer regarding requirements.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.