Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon-is this illegal reaging??

tag
Ljames1970
Valued Member

Verizon-is this illegal reaging??

I found a credit report that I had pulled from annual credit report in june of 2011 after carefully looking through it I found that the dofd with verizon was 12/2009 on that report. However, on my current reports the dofd is 1/2010. Please someone tell me that I have leverage to have it removed now. They won't pfd even after I emailed executive office and they called and stated they couldn't delete as long as it was reported accurately. I am furious over verizon on my credit report to begin with because we closed my account and added me on to my husband after we married. We are still verizon customers and pay them over 300.00 a month. They say I owe 27.00 from my old account which I never received a bill for!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Verizon-is this illegal reaging??

You could try, however, all they have to do is update to the correct DoFD. 

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Verizon-is this illegal reaging??

Since you are referring to an OC, I presume that the account was charged-off by them, as otherwise they would have no statutory requirement to have ever reported a DOFD on the account.

I thus also presume that they have already recouped a portion of the loss by way of tax benefit in their reporting of the CO to the IRS.

That, in combination with fact that deletion based on payment is contrary to their credit reporting agreement with the CRAs, mitigates against acceptance of a pay for delete request.

As for reporting of an inaccurate DOFD, in any dispute, the furnisher always has the option of correcting any inaccuracy if their investigation finds you to be correct.

Deletion is only required if they cannot either verify the accuracy or their current reporting or correct it so as to overcome any inaccuracy.

Violation of the FCRA would only be established if you show that, in reporting inaccurate information, they did so with knowledge at the time of its inaccuracy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.