Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon just killed my credit

tag
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: Verizon just killed my credit

http://www.experian.com/reportaccess/

This link will let you dispute with EX.  They will ask for your info and the name of the company you had adverse action  from. Put in Verizon and see if they except. If it goes through you can see your report and file any disputes off of it.

Too many to list..
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited for me being able to answer my own questions

Message 12 of 18
katanakobayashi
New Visitor

In the future it would be best to get a deletion agreement IN WRITING from the creditor you are going to pay off, that way they cannot make the account current and it then negatively impact your score, versus helping it. 

When I first started working on my credit at the beginning of this year I was at a 512....absolutely horrible but in six months I have brought it up to a 623 and it continues to be on the rise, 

I am using a Capital One secured card to help my score continue to climb and after six months of having it open I plan on possibly getting a car. So you are not ruined for the rest of your life, if I were you I would dispute it throught the agencies stating that the balance was paid and it should be removed also, obtain a secured card like mine that reports to the agencies, it's amazing how much of an impact it can make.

The only negative marks I have on my report now are four medical bills and two judgement from 5 years ago. I'd say the future is looking brighter for me and it can for you too.

Message 13 of 18
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

More than likely if you look close it went down like this (happened to me several times):

1. The last time they reported (let's call it CO or CA for that particular month) it may have (just an example) 07/2011...with NDs after that (No Data). Therefore the fico model was picking up the newest delinquency on that acct as 2 years ago. When you paid, it then prob auto-filled 08/2011-06/2013 with CO/CA and CLS (closed) for 07/2013. This happens when the furnisher only provides data for that month, not all months since the last report. Atleast, it happened to me several different times. I actually lost 30 pts for paying FPB in full. It's temporary.

2. The acct you mentioned isn't revolving (or shouldn't be reporting as such anyway), a d there was not effecting your util.

3. +1 above advice, GW til they wish they never met you. Then send another. Rinse n repeat.
Message 14 of 18
RCOH
Regular Contributor

Glad I read this, sorry for what happened to you. I owe Verizon (via pinnacle) $600 and was going to pay BUT if it will hurt I won't do it, not unless they agree to a PFD. Not trying to hijack but I'm in the same situation.

How much did your score drop if you don't mind me asking? I'm not sure if it would ding me as bad since Pinnacle already reported it as +120 day's late to all three CRA's.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 15 of 18
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Well it's correctable they just didn't report as precise as they could have. OP said they agreed to fix. Please don't take my info as advice to not pay a debt.

Even if you did lose a few points to this kind of thing...you'd still be approved for more accts. on manual review a lender would much rather see, say, a 620 than a 640 with outstanding debt.
Message 16 of 18
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Sorry hit the post button too soon...

Case in point I read almost every day about peeps getting shot down for CCs with 750 range scores because of something the underwriter didn't like on the report.
Message 17 of 18
RCOH
Regular Contributor

That makes sense. Better to be lower paid then higher unpaid.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.