Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon - you stink!

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Verizon - you stink!

I disputed Verizon on my EQ report because they were reporting that the account was still open, etc.  Well I get the dispute back today.  They didnt correct it and I think made it worse. 

1. They kept it listed as "Open"

2. They added language in comments that I made arrangements to make partial payments (not true) (not visible in picture below but got SW alert that shows details and its listed on my USAA report.

3. Status still has 120 days late

4. (REAL KICKER) They added 120 day late to June 2012.  This was a charged off account back in June 2009.  How can they add a late after a charge off date?

Suggestions?

Ugg verizon.jpg

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon - you stink!

Find a better attorney. Smiley Wink

Their turning out to be bigger **bleep** bags then PRA.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Yup. This is true. Smiley Wink

I think I'm going the BBB route next and if that doesn't work Ill file a lawsuit under Fair Debt Collection Act. I'm trying to decide if I should send them my 30 day notice now with intent to file while I send copy of letter to BBB or if I should do BBB first then send them notice if BBB doesn't work.

Message 3 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Do it all!!!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would send a direct dispute, they have 30 days to correct or make any changes and report directly back to you. The OC does not have to follow FDCPA regulations as the FDCPA is designed for 3rd party debt collectors. 

DaBears

Message 5 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

This is way outside my practice area. Ill get on Westlaw tonight and see what I can find.

Message 6 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Where's Guinness or Lexie at?.....

I would think a DD would be the way to go.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The way that I would handle this is to dispute it again in writing by US Mail CMRR demanding that it be updated to report correctly or deleted. If it comes back again the same way I would just proceed to file a complaint with the CFPB. The CFPB has teeth do force them to do something, the BBB does not.

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it isn't paid they can report lates every month until it is.

If it is closed and paid, they aren't even supposed to report for more than 4 months past the date paid in full.  If they just added lates that were not there before but before it was paid it is legal.

I would not dispute again.  You already have and it was verified.  If you have supporting documentation that wasn't included before it will be considered frivilous.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.