cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very excited this worked. Any more tips?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very excited this worked. Any more tips?

I've been scouring this forum for a few weeks now learning new stuff about credit and finding ways to better my credit. I came across something I wasn't aware of a couple of days ago called early exception. This is where you can call the credit bureaus within a specified time frame of a collection falling off of your report and ask them to delete it early. I figured I would give it a try with TransUnion since they seem to be the most lenient and sure enough I had a $3,000 collection that I had previously unsuccessfully disputed removed from my credit because it was within 5 months of the date. One that was 9 months away was denied but I'm extremely happy to have this one thing off of my report. My score updated and it only went up 4 Points but either way I feel like this was a win. I called Experian and Equifax and both told me no so I guess I'll wait until closer to the date to do that. Does anybody have any more great suggestions or hidden knowledge like this that people like myself wouldn't necessarily know? I'd love anyting that would be helpful in repairing my credit similar to this. I've done all the traditional things like lowering my utilization etc etc, I'm looking for other alternatives. Thank you
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very excited this worked. Any more tips?

Congrats on your EE Success. For reference, TU will grant it 6 months before its fall-off date. For EX, it’s 3 months, and for EQ it’s one month. This works on all types of derogatories. TU is very easy to deal with. The other two I’m not sure, but I’ve heard EQ can be a pain. I have one coming in range for EE with EX next month that I’ll be doing.

As for other types of derog-clearing, if you have medical debts, you can google the HIPAA dispute process and find out how to have those excluded. You’ll have to search it out though. There is a cease-and-desist from its creator that means we aren’t allowed to discuss the process on this forum.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried sending a GW letter to who ever is reporting this to the CRA's?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing! 

Message 4 of 12
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Does EE also apply to late payments, bankruptcies and others?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of my knowledge, yes. Lates for sure. I had a TL with lates that I later paid off and which was closed out, zero balance. I had to nuke the whole TL because of that status rather than just the lates but I still picked up 18 points when I did it.
Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

PRs can be EEd as well. Late Payments in otherwise good accounts, no.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

PRs can be EEd as well. Late Payments in otherwise good accounts, no.

That's interesting. So if you have an account with a past history of lates, but recent on-time history, you just have to wait until the lates age off? Do creditors have to tell you the date of first delinquency, so you can track when the lates will age off? I have a couple of derogatory accounts I'd love to get into the satisfactory column.

Message 8 of 12
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Yes.  I was able to use the EE process for my ch13 with both EX and TU.  EQ did not budge until 1 month prior.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon before the date did ex do it? They're giving me pushback on an account with 5 months. I've read they allow 3 months but others have said they got it done sooner
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.