cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAITING for drop off after unsuccessful DV!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAITING for drop off after unsuccessful DV!!!

I know I've posted about this before, but i Still need advice on this situation with AFNI. The $3500 bogus Sprint account isn't going anywhere. After DVing and disputing and reporting to the BBB and FTC. Its scheduled to fall off in August of 09. Should I leave this alone and wait for it to fall off. Or just keep fighting?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: WAITING for drop off after unsuccessful DV!!!

sometimes taking a break from a stubborn debt is just what the doctor ordered.  Then you can pick it up again.  Is this debt really yours?  Perhaps you could just settle it (if it is) and move on since it falls off next year anyway.  That will keep another CA from getting this debt and starting you 7 years all over again (which is what happens a lot of the time)  I see where you say "bogus" so that means not yours?  How is it linked to you and why does Sprint think you owe it?

Message Edited by granny031350 on 06-23-2008 08:06 AM
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@granny031350 wrote:
sometimes taking a break from a stubborn debt is just what the doctor ordered.  Then you can pick it up again.  Is this debt really yours?  Perhaps you could just settle it (if it is) and move on since it falls off next year anyway.  That will keep another CA from getting this debt and starting you 7 years all over again (which is what happens a lot of the time)

nope. not mine.
Message 3 of 8
granny031350
Established Contributor

but there is a reason why Sprint thinks it yours?  If you never HAD a sprint account (or nextel) then file a police report on identity theft and tackle it that way?
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

granny031350 wrote:
but there is a reason why Sprint thinks it yours?  If you never HAD a sprint account (or nextel) then file a police report on identity theft and tackle it that way?

Ditto. Police report may be the way to go. Then restart the process. I probably would start with a DV with a copy of the police report. Then dispute with the report via CMRRR. Then FTC, BBB, your AG, IL AG, etc....
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@granny031350 wrote:

From what sprint is telling me it is Business account and I have never had a business. I don't know how all this is happening. Is it possible for this account to be sold and reaged? I thought after 7 years it would come off? Please tell me this can't be sold and begin this dreaded 7 year period all over again.
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@granny031350 wrote:

From what sprint is telling me it is Business account and I have never had a business. I don't know how all this is happening. Is it possible for this account to be sold and reaged? I thought after 7 years it would come off? Please tell me this can't be sold and begin this dreaded 7 year period all over again.

If you haven't done so, and am guessing you have, try pulling the reports directly from EX and TU (not here). You'll find a drop off date. To cross-check your DOFD, just subtract 7 yrs from that date. This is the DOFD as read by TU and EX. Make sure that matches with what you have. Also pulling these reports 3-4 times a year will protect you if it was re-aged. If it was, you could send in a prior copy of your CR and the CRA will likely delete.

If the account is sold, and it is very unlikely it will, the 7 year CRTP does not restart. 7 yrs is 7 yrs.

I know AFNI are tough. I'm fighting with them. They are my last CA. If you are certain that it is not yours, then consider a police report. That will go a long way in getting it deleted. Otherwise, continue packing the heat with more BBB, FTC, IL AG, your AG, and anyone else you can complain too. Also, your state probably has a dedicated file to them. See if you can't access that.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the advice. The police report is on the way, as soon as i'm released to go out. (New baby) Yes I do pull my reports from both TU and EX and that's why I know the drop off date is Aug of next year. I stated rebuilding my credit in Mar of 07 so i also have all the reports from back then too. I keep everything, so if they try to sell, or re-age, I do have proof.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.