Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFDS GW advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WFDS GW advice

It depends if you plan on sending your rebuttal round ATTN: to the same people that sent you denials... or if you are going to send another round but custom tailor a couple of your next round to the individuals that sent you denials.  My point is there's no real need to write a rebuttal type letter in your next round if it's going to likely be opened by a different person.  Hopefully that makes sense.

I usually include a line in my GW letters that says something to the tune of, "The Fair Credit Reporting Act does permit financial institutions to make adjustments to information reported to the credit bureaus.  While I understand the importance of reported information being accurate, financial institutions can make the decision to report no information for any given period." 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't signed by any one in particular.  Just the "credit bureau dispute resolution unit" which I sent it attn the first time.

I will change up the language next time to include something to that effect though, if they're going with the "it has to be accurate" route I'll go with the "it doesn't have to be reported" route.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got it.  That way they're not reporting anything inaccurate, they're just not reporting.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signs of life and hope.

One of my GW letters netted two responses from a paritcular address, first on 11/8 they responded to tell me they researched my account and I sent it to the wrong department (duh), then a week later on 11/15 they tell me that "Wells Fargo is not reporting this account; therefore it should not be reflected on [my] credit file."

It's still there, according to the free sites, but am I crazy for hoping this means they're deleting?  Also, does this letter mean anything if I can dispute with CRAs in a few weeks?

Message 14 of 20
3elizabeth
New Contributor

Would you please PM me the addresses you have?  Thank you so much!

In the 600's, moving toward 700's and 10K in credit. My motto: At the end of my life I want to be able to say "I wish I hadn't," not "I wish I had."
Message 15 of 20
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Signs of life and hope.

One of my GW letters netted two responses from a paritcular address, first on 11/8 they responded to tell me they researched my account and I sent it to the wrong department (duh), then a week later on 11/15 they tell me that "Wells Fargo is not reporting this account; therefore it should not be reflected on [my] credit file."

It's still there, according to the free sites, but am I crazy for hoping this means they're deleting?  Also, does this letter mean anything if I can dispute with CRAs in a few weeks?

This is interesting.  I sent out my first round two weeks ago.  I got a lot of response via my emails, but nothing from my snail mail as of yet.  I'm waiting two more weeks before sending out round 2.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fleuriste wrote:

This is interesting.  I sent out my first round two weeks ago.  I got a lot of response via my emails, but nothing from my snail mail as of yet.  I'm waiting two more weeks before sending out round 2.

Can you send me whatever e-mail addresses you have?  That's the one thing I cannot find as hard as I look.

It took a while to get a response, and they're still coming in slowly (just got 2 more generic denials from Winterville address again this week).  Good luck to you!!

Message 17 of 20
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

I emailed executives.  Their emails are easily found/figured out online.  

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have an issue with WFDS and was wondering if you could provide the names/addresses you use in your Rounds.  I am rooting for you to have success because when one person wins, we all win.   Thanks

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have an issue with WFDS and was wondering if you could provide the names/addresses you use in your Rounds.  I am rooting for you to have success because when one person wins, we all win.   Thanks

PM sent with all the info I currently have tried.  I found a motherlode of other addressses (probably 40) that I might try on my next last ditch effort, but it's starting to get discouraging.

This last round they sent me copies of denial letters dated months ago with a letter saying they've already told me no, but I'm gonna keep at it.  Still waiting to hear from a lot from last round that had replied on previous rounds.  Holiday schedule probably backed them up a bit, or they were just told to ignore me henceforth.

Good luck!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.