Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOOHOOOO!!! Major victory today!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOOOO!!! Major victory today!!!

I'm not sure if I posted my first success a couple of weeks ago, but I got DHs student loans BACK on track & they're giving us a "here forward" forbearance, so it won't continue to show late, even though we basically just picked up payments where we left off!!!  This doesn't remove prior lates, however, it does begin reporting as current as of right now, so I may wait it out through a few months of GOOD payment history and GW them for past lates.

I FINALLY got somebody to give me info on my own SLs, too, so we'll see how that plays out.

Now, the REAL reason for this post!!!  I had major victory today!!!  In looking at CRs some more last night, I realized DH had multiple accounts with two different CAs (actually, I knew this part) but I realized he still had ONE open, unpaid with EACH of the two CAs.  I knew one of them wouldn't be a problem, as the rep. I always dealt with was really sweet & workable.  So here's the deal:  I learned, through online research last night, that the SAME GUY owns BOTH of them and HE is the one I have ALWAYS dealt with (had no idea he was the owner until last night).

So, I had decided to do a kind of combo PFD / GW wherein I would let him know I was ready to PIF on one of them, then PIF the other one by a date we agreed upon and ask him if he would kindly delete ALL from our CRs he said "yes, I WILL do that, once they're paid" SOOOO ~ it's costing us about $100 to have 8 baddies removed!!!

YIPPEEEE, I'm sooo excited!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: WOOHOOOO!!! Major victory today!!!

Wow that is fantastic...alot of people here say make sure you get that in writing but we've had a CA a tell us they would delete if paid...and they did just that...i believe about 3 of the agreed this way!

GoOd JoB!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!    Under "normal" circumstances, I would surely have gotten it in writing, however, this guy is really awesome & has never given me a reason to doubt his integrity!  He told me he didn't want the info he's reporting to make somebody paid a higher interest rate, once they've paid their accounts.

I had another good call this afternoon with a different CA, they said they'd agree to work out a settlement for a lesser amount & delete once paid, however this one will be a bit longer / trickier, as we owe them A LOT MORE than $100.  This one, however, I will put the ENTIRE thing in writing, especially since it's more complicated.

For most of our accounts, I'm following the "stay OFF THE PHONE" policy and had planned to with these, but when I called to ask his fax number, he asked what I was faxing, so I told him and he agreed right away.   

Schoolbuskid wrote:
Wow that is fantastic...alot of people here say make sure you get that in writing but we've had a CA a tell us they would delete if paid...and they did just that...i believe about 3 of the agreed this way!

GoOd JoB!

Message 3 of 4
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!! Smileycons!

That is a major accomplishment and a HUGE step in the right direction. All of those sleepless nights and reading until you're cross-eyed is paying off. I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone getting 8 baddies removed for less than $100 in one phone call!

That is truly awesome and I'm so happy for you! Keep your head up and things will continue to work out!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.