Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS success with SCT

tag
Moni209
Contributor

WS success with SCT

So just tried the SCT in William Sonoma without expecting much but guess what..!? I was approved for 1,500 after my success with Overstock I decided to give this store a shot and it worked.!

I added a spice rack and a cast iron skillet then when to check out and it did not work I closed the window open a different browser and did the same thing but this time I did express checkout and filled in my info and voilà the pop up came up saying I was pre approved! I just hope that it's truly a SP and I don't see a HP in a month or so, I haven't seen one from Overstock. Just wanted to share.! 
Has anyone seen a HP after this? Or jad success with William Sonoma.?

Current Score: 4•29 | EQ 666 | TU 673 | EX 666
Goal Score: 730
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: WS success with SCT

Congrats on your success with the SCT. Hopefully you won't get a hard pull. Did they ask for your full social or just the last 4? The two cards that I got through the SCT (VS and Express) they only asked for the last four and I never got a hard pull from Comenity.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 7
Moni209
Contributor

@BmoreBull Yes they did ask for a full social I had read that Overstock and WS do but it is still a SP, I usually get a notification right away about the inquiry but I have not, the one for overstock either. Guess I'll find out bit Iam hoping not. Just wondering if anyone has done this and didn't see a HP come from WS.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moni209 wrote:

@BmoreBull Yes they did ask for a full social I had read that Overstock and WS do but it is still a SP, I usually get a notification right away about the inquiry but I have not, the one for overstock either. Guess I'll find out bit Iam hoping not. Just wondering if anyone has done this and didn't see a HP come from WS.

I did the SCT with WS (got a measly 250 that did not even cover the legitimate purchase I was going to make). No, no HP. I got the PCLL, not the Visa. They report *immediately*, so I am glad I made no purchase with it.

Message 4 of 7
Moni209
Contributor

@Anonymous Wow! Yeah thats not cool but atleast you didn't get hit with a HP glad to hear that. How soon didnyou see them reporting. I just got something for $19.00.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moni209 wrote:

@Anonymous Wow! Yeah thats not cool but atleast you didn't get hit with a HP glad to hear that. How soon didnyou see them reporting. I just got something for $19.00.

I believe a few days after getting approved. Before I even received the card.

Message 6 of 7
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.