cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wage Garnishment

tag
uagirl

Wage Garnishment

I had an account get sent for wage garnishment.  I paid it off before the garnishment started.  Is there any way to make sure they don't actually garnish my wages?  I received noticed today that garnishment would start with my next paycheck (3/15), but the motion was filed with the court yesterday that the garnishment had been satisfied.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Wage Garnishment

@uagirl wrote:

I had an account get sent for wage garnishment.  I paid it off before the garnishment started.  Is there any way to make sure they don't actually garnish my wages?  I received noticed today that garnishment would start with my next paycheck (3/15), but the motion was filed with the court yesterday that the garnishment had been satisfied.  

If you paid if off, there's nothing left to garnish. I would talk to your Payroll department and see if the garnishment is still set to go through. I had my wages garnished for a few months for an old student loan I never paid. One was rehabbed, the other was garnished. I didn't have the means to pay it off beforehand, so I can't help you out there, but I would for sure talk to Payroll. My Payroll dept. was extremely helpful when I had mine done.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.