Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait it out or what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wait it out or what?

According to my TU report that I got last week, the paid collection is "estimated" to come off as of 12/2012. I suppose waiting to see what happens and paying off my revolving in the meantime wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

One other thing to add. When I paid this thing out of sheer frustration with the company I was dealing with, they did tell me this would be taken off my report. Now here is the thing, at the time I did the payment I was completely uneducated about how to confirm things like this in writing and following up on it. I just trusted that they would do the right thing. Obviously, I know better than that now. I'm fuzzy on how exactly it all went down, but I did pay because "it was the right thing to do", even though I didn't completely understand why at that time. Now I get it. Now I know why I should have gotten things in writing from the CA. Maybe it is just too late for me to request an inquiry to see what TU can do to help me. I'm not sure.
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

I want to update you all on what happened. Yesterday afternoon I filed a dispute with TU online requesting deletion of the Rickenbacher Collection due to the inaccuracy of the report. The CA told me (back in 2007) that it would be deleted after payment, which it was not. Anyhow, TU apparently moves lightning fast on these issues because I got an e-mail this morning saying that they did an investigation and after review, the collection is now deleted off of my report Smiley Very Happy Needless to say I am very happy with TU and the fact that they worked so quickly to resolve this matter. To summerize, I filed a dispute Saturday evening and got a resolution (a positive one) Sunday morning. Wow. 

Message 22 of 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I want to update you all on what happened. Yesterday afternoon I filed a dispute with TU online requesting deletion of the Rickenbacher Collection due to the inaccuracy of the report. The CA told me (back in 2007) that it would be deleted after payment, which it was not. Anyhow, TU apparently moves lightning fast on these issues because I got an e-mail this morning saying that they did an investigation and after review, the collection is now deleted off of my report Smiley Very Happy Needless to say I am very happy with TU and the fact that they worked so quickly to resolve this matter. To summerize, I filed a dispute Saturday evening and got a resolution (a positive one) Sunday morning. Wow. 

Just so you know for future reference, although *knock on wood* you will never have to go through this again...

It isn't always this easy with TU Smiley Wink Glad you got it removed; although I am still questioning as to what was inaccurate that you disputed  Smiley Wink

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott. The inaccuracy was due to the fact that I was told it would be removed but it never was. And yes, this is a minor miracle no doubt about it. I was dumbfounded when I got a response e-mail this morning with the good news. I didn't know TU worked weekends either.

What a great morning!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.