Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting game

tag
baskball33
Valued Member

Waiting game

My credit score has had a nice increase in the last month, even going over 600 by Equifax. That was just paying down some credit cards. 

Now I just plan to keep paying more than the minimum and pay 1 card off at a time. 

The waiting game is in regards to my student loan. I just completed my 9th rehabilitation payment. I am curious to see what happens to the tradeline and my credit score once that updates. I have seen different scenarios posted on here. I am hoping the tradeline is removed and I get a nice increase because it was showing 90-120 days late. I just want something to happen NOW! Nah, I am not impatient...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Waiting game

Rehab of a defaulted student loan requires removal of the prior reporting that it was defaulted, but does not require removal of prior monthly delinquencies.  Such deletion may or may not occur, depending upon the creditor.

Message 2 of 3
baskball33
Valued Member

Re: Waiting game

That is why I am waiting to see what does actually happen. Patiently. haha.

It looks like I may find out soon. I went to make a payment since they told me to continue on and I can no longer go to Great Lakes to make a payment or view the default information. It is weird because it says it is now serviced by Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, so I guess it is still in transition.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.