Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting while rebuilding is exhausting

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Waiting while rebuilding is exhausting

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still waiting I sent in and apparently my Experian has been reopened and not sure on Equifax since it won't let me see the results.  I currently have a Capital One Secured from 4 months ago and Discover Secured from two months ago and I'm getting offers in the mail from undesirable cards now.  I have a Pre-approval from Credit One, Indigo and First Premier sitting here but all have high fees so not interested.  I also prequalify for an unsecured Capital One now but don't want a toy limit.  

At least you're smart enough to know those cards are no good. Just wait for your 2 secured cards to unsecure and you'll start getting better offers. The Capital One probably won't grow much, but your Discover will if you treat it right. I'm going to close my Capital One in a few months because mine is bucketed and it's not going to go above the $500 it's at right now. I want to apply for one of their travel cards, so maybe I'll wait till I'm pre-approved for one of those before I close my current one.

The hardest thing in this whole rebuild is having patience. These things take time and they take a lot of time and I absolutely hate it. However, we got ourselves in this mess, so we need to have that patience until we can sort it all out again. You're on the right path, so just keep making your payments on time, keep your UTI low, and you'll be golden.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.