Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart instant denial :(

tag
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart instant denial :(

This is disappointing. I was hoping to apply for this card in June.

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 11 of 49
kdcka1

Oh, my income is good I think - I have a fulltime and a partime job and my annual income is $75,000

Starting Score: 563
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 49
kdcka1

I thought so too, so now I am crushed.. near tears over a Walmart card... ugh.  Smiley Mad      Well thanks for the vote of confidence, I guess I can call again Monday, or wait for the letter and see what they say the problem is - and then maybe try to apply in store next time. 

TU MyFICO 694 4/20/13

EX PSECU FICO  693  4/8/13

EQ My FICO 681 4/19/13

Message 13 of 49
kdcka1

Is it possible the CSR I called would not know if it was a verification issue?  I called right away - after I got that message and she just said - denied - nothing you can do but work on your credit..  I'm thinking there is nothing left for me to work on - aside from maybe getting the paid CO and collection deleted if possible and CLI and a few more cards..that's why I want the Walmart card....ugh.  Well, next time for sure I will apply in store.  How long did you wait before applying again?

Message 14 of 49
upwithfico
Established Member

@kdcka1 wrote:

I thought so too, so now I am crushed.. near tears over a Walmart card... ugh.  Smiley Mad      Well thanks for the vote of confidence, I guess I can call again Monday, or wait for the letter and see what they say the problem is - and then maybe try to apply in store next time. 

TU MyFICO 694 4/20/13

EX PSECU FICO  693  4/8/13

EQ My FICO 681 4/19/13

With scores like you have, your dedication to improvement, and your income, please do not sweat the Walmart card. Smiley Tongue Try something else or just hang out in the garden for a lil while and when your EQ score tops 700 try again.

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Gardening...

Message 15 of 49
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

@kdcka1 wrote:

Is it possible the CSR I called would not know if it was a verification issue?  I called right away - after I got that message and she just said - denied - nothing you can do but work on your credit..  I'm thinking there is nothing left for me to work on - aside from maybe getting the paid CO and collection deleted if possible and CLI and a few more cards..that's why I want the Walmart card....ugh.  Well, next time for sure I will apply in store.  How long did you wait before applying again?

I was denied in January and approved in March. My TU was 653 when I got the card, but it was already reporting so my score was probably slightly higher at the time of approval.

Message 16 of 49
kdcka1

Looks, like you have quite a few more cards than I do. I only have one with a low limit. Maybe that is the problem.  Perhaps, I should go for the CLI on that card.  Does anyone have a suggestion on a different card I should try if the letter says I have too few accounts?  I will probably call and talk to a loan officer at PSECU next month if I can get those old negatives deleted. Thanks for the information - very helpful.

Message 17 of 49
kdcka1

Ok, I will try PSECU next month, try the CLI on  my current card and then off to the garden!

Message 18 of 49
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

You could try the shopping cart trick. That's how I got my VS and Express cards. They weren't reporting when I was approved for Walmart, just my 2 CapOne cards.

Message 19 of 49
kdcka1

What is the shopping cart trick?  Smiley Embarassed

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.